New Software and Firmware?

I hear your comment about GPS. But the reality is mine *did* sit perfectly still as far as I could see standing arms reach of it. I showed off this feature to several people. Park it, push it aside with my hand and watch it come back to exactly where it was when I let go of the stick. So there is more to it than just the absolute accuracy of the GPS network. I actually convinced at least one person to buy a Phantom after one such demonstration (same person who loaned me their top). Unfortunately, that persons USB interface is broken on their Phantom so they are unable to upgrade (which I now think is a blessing). "Pretty tight" still sounds pretty marginal to me - at least compared to my experience.

I think you would moan, too, if "upgrading" your Phantom broke it.

TickTock said:
I hear your comment about GPS. But the reality is mine *did* sit perfectly still as far as I could see standing arms reach of it. I showed off this feature to several people. Park it, push it aside with my hand and watch it come back to exactly where it was when I let go of the stick. So there is more to it than just the absolute accuracy of the GPS network. I actually convinced at least one person to buy a Phantom after one such demonstration (same person who loaned me their top). Unfortunately, that persons USB interface is broken on their Phantom so they are unable to upgrade (which I now think is a blessing). "Pretty tight" still sounds pretty marginal to me - at least compared to my experience.

I think you would moan, too, if "upgrading" your Phantom broke it.

You must be one of the few lucky ones. Normal GPS will only keep within maybe a meter rectangular area, as many tend to do a rectangle motion. GPS is not perfect, try turning off your TX and see if it lands in the same place it takes off from? it will be within a meter, or so?

Mine tends to drift in a rectangle motion, and within a meter. The strange thing, is if I flick the stick in the opposite direction, it will sit still, but not dead rock steady in place, but close enough.

Often if I fly and let go of the sticks, does not break straight away, and then often drifts in a rectangle, flick the stick opposite direction will often correct it, but no GPS is perfect, and even car GPS's are not perfect.

And my MUI's are calibrated fine.

As for the update, it has ,made no difference to my GPS hold normally, but in wind it does hold better.

it is not GPS that has improved, but takeoffs and landings, big improvement, and the sticks are more responsive in flight, so is the update worth it? It certainly is. The sticks being more responsive make the Phantom even easier to fly than before. Seems more reponsive and even smoother.

I dont see anything to download next 3.10 EXC etc ? Do i need to delete 2.02 software before install 2.10 software? thanks for any help Dennis Happy flying on mothers day

I flew today an I'm not liking the updated at all. Doesn't fly as well for me and my blinks are really quirky. Many times today on separate occasions before I would fly I had to plug and unplug the battery a few times so that it would stop blinking a solid yellow right from the get go even though I just finished flying and then connecting to satellites is so freaking slow that mid way into my flight I'll notice it flying better. I almost gave up flying today because it was flying so erratic in GPS mode. It gave me no confidence to fly in the breeze. Additionally, today it was blinking 2 or 3 red blinks followed by green while I was flying. I'd see the red and it would make me think I needed to land quickly before it decides to drop out of the sky as that power cutoff happens pretty quickly. Didn't do any of this odd ball stuff before the latest download. I will try to get the older version back on my machine tonight.

dlorton said:
I dont see anything to download next 3.10 EXC etc ? Do i need to delete 2.02 software before install 2.10 software? thanks for any help Dennis Happy flying on mothers day

No need uninstall previous version. just take care every time you launch Naza Assistant, choose correct one.
Download 2.1 EXE from DJI webpage and it will downloade 3.1 firmware just when you choose UPDATE in the program.

freelanceshots said:
I flew today an I'm not liking the updated at all. Doesn't fly as well for me and my blinks are really quirky. Many times today on separate occasions before I would fly I had to plug and unplug the battery a few times so that it would stop blinking a solid yellow right from the get go even though I just finished flying and then connecting to satellites is so freaking slow that mid way into my flight I'll notice it flying better. I almost gave up flying today because it was flying so erratic in GPS mode. It gave me no confidence to fly in the breeze. Additionally, today it was blinking 2 or 3 red blinks followed by green while I was flying. I'd see the red and it would make me think I needed to land quickly before it decides to drop out of the sky as that power cutoff happens pretty quickly. Didn't do any of this odd ball stuff before the latest download. I will try to get the older version back on my machine tonight.

First time you turn it on will blink Yellow, till the MUI's warm up. Also when I did the upgrade it told me to do an advanced Calibration and all was fine.

jumanoc said:
dlorton said:

No need uninstall previous version. just take care every time you launch Naza Assistant, choose correct one.
Download 2.1 EXE from DJI webpage and it will downloade 3.1 firmware just when you choose UPDATE in the program.

Thanks for your help Dennis

Upgrade not available.

I had to change computer to do this upgrade since this requires an internet connection.
I downloaded the NAZA 2.10 installer and the DJI Driver. That went fine but when I hooked up the phantom and ran the Assistant there was no upgrade available. It is the new assistant. I see the switch options for failsafe ect.
On the upgrade tab it reports version 3.0 for my phantom but won't give me an upgrade option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg

I flew again yesterday where when I first plugged it in I let it sit there for 5 minutes blinking yellow. Never came close to taking that long before. I finally said screw this and unplugged the battery again like I was doing before and it went straight to green and then to 3 reds for a couple of minutes and then went straight to blinking green. I have a clear view of the open sky with no obstructions and I typically always see three red blinks. Even though I see the 3 red pattern meaning that you don't have many satellites guiding you I can still get a pretty steady hover a few minutes into my flight. I just got used to the light pattern before and now it's different where I don't seem to understand. I also flew this past Saturday and it was all over the place in GPS mode. I've flown in the same conditions with the old firmware and it flew much better. I do the calibration about once a week or at least check it and I've recently calibrated my radio as well.

Video posted here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Be sure to hit the HD function in the popup menu. There is a huge difference in quality between the two.

I guess you must be a perfectionist, it's looks great to me. You did mention it was windy so that could attribute to the slight shaky video but it's looks very clear. I was rather impressed. I will say this much, since I've done the update, when I leave it at hover, it gets very bumpy and shaky, I don't see it but when the video is reviewed that's what I see. As soon as I start going forward, the shaky and bumpness disappears. I'm guess it's the GPS working to attempt to balance things out.

Like most of you, I hate the throttle update. What were they thinking????

Since the Naza-M V3.10 firmware has been launched, we received some feedbacks that the aircraft cannot be armed after updating and the center position of the stick is abnormal.

We currently suspended the upgrade of firmware V3.10. And DJI will release new firmware in the very near future.

For those who had already upgraded the firmware V3.10, you can use the Assistant Software V1.8 to restore to firmware V2.02, and you can download the software from: http://www.dji-innovations.com/downl...a-m-downloads/

Sweet, thanks for the update but he posted link goes nowhere for me.

So far as what I Have read I'm thankful I have not done the update I'm still running 2.02 . Lets say you have 2 computers one has 2.02 and the other with 3.10 update can u update with one and take it back to 2.02 with the other computer or will it not let you revert back to the old software , and or will the new software in the phantom over ride the early software. There does look like there is advantage to the new software but also the down side is the throttle part that sucks, I have flown both and I really dislike the new software throttle thanks George

Strange, received my Phantom today, back from a repair by supplier, who took the initiative of updating the firmware etc.
And all I can say is Brilliant! Throttle normal as before, start motors by holding both sticks down to one side, the a steady but firm increase in throttle, result a very smooth lift off, and hovering is so good, could almost use it as a flying coffee table. My only groan is I wish someone would test these Phantoms before sending them out. The fault with mine was the darned USB cable was open circuit, so could not connect to any PC.

I downloaded the Naza M 1.8 and updated to the 2.02. Now I can open up the old assistant 2.10 and it won't let me access any of the controls and tells me to upgrade the main controller firmware to newer version. I guess this is what is supposed to happen right. I calibrated my Phantom through the Nasa 1.8. Have I done this correctly so that I can fly with the 2.02 firmware? Do I have to upgrade to the assistant software anymore or the said main controller firmware? Isn't that the 3.10?

I put windows7 on my Mac. Downloaded software etc. When i move mouse over any thing on naza window to set imu etc.The window flickers and LED on Phantom flickers green? Any help appreciated! Thanks Dennis ! HAS ANYONE USED MAC PRO W/Windows7 to do naza assistant ? thanks Dennis

Fixed my problem New software BIG difference/much better firmware 3.1 stays real close in wind even! Throttle does feel diff.but will re learn that Software released 5/17/13

Just to see what mine did with this 1.8 to 2.10 firmware update I turned everything on and then set the phantom on a table and tried to lift off with one hand very close to the skids. The two times I tried to lift off it was a direct tip-over but I stopped it before props hit the table surface. Looks like I'm going to go back and upload 3.10 again if I want to fly anytime soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.