New Software and Firmware?

Reaction score
I have the NAZA 2.02 software that I did download and install from the phantom download page. When i click on "info" option on top today that software it says.. New firmware v3.10 available! Please upgrade to the latest firmware V3.10 with assistant software V2.1.0. Please download the latest assistant software from http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

I don't want to do it until others say this is not a mistake and this is something we should do.

jdawson said:
I have the NAZA 2.02 software that I did download and install from the phantom download page. When i click on "info" option on top today that software it says.. New firmware v3.10 available! Please upgrade to the latest firmware V3.10 with assistant software V2.1.0. Please download the latest assistant software from http://www.dji-innovations.com/download ... downloads/

I don't want to do it until others say this is not a mistake and this is something we should do.
New Naza Asistant and Firmware. WARNING it is not for Phantom !

I connected to Naza Assistant 2.02 and it shows a NEW FIRMWARE VERSION 3.01 AVAILABLE ! and invites you to download new Asistant and New Firmware. Watch Out ! These new releases ARE NOT FOR PHANTOM as you could think since they appears in Phantom Naza Assistant. They are for NAZA-M FC.

Assistant-Warning-No-Phantom.jpg

Assistant-Warning.jpg

My browser is not showing that text in RED... it should... when i visit the page it is a light text on a white background that you can't read!

I have read that some people have done the upgrade and hot had an issue. That said the fact that everyone who has a phantom is getting sent to this page to do the UPGRADE is a HUGE problem for DJI and dealers who have to support them,

jdawson said:
My browser is not showing that text in RED... it should... when i visit the page it is a light text on a white background that you can't read!

I have read that some people have done the upgrade and hot had an issue. That said the fact that everyone who has a phantom is getting sent to this page to do the UPGRADE is a HUGE problem for DJI and dealers who have to support them,
Yes, I think DJI should only show announces around Phantom on Phantom Naza Assistant. (BTW: I captured web text and changed it to RED for better showing it here. Your browser is OK ;) )

A few people on facebook have done the upgrade and it did work... so it is not total end of the world .... That said DJI has a huge problem here if they really don't want people to upgrade. Having on thing that says upgrade and something else that says no. You can't blame a customer for being confused by this.

I downloaded the firmware, and the assistant, and my phantom flies better.

It will hover in one place, without any movement at all. It was just a quick flight with one battery, but from what I've
seen, It's pretty nice.

I didn't get the warning notice at all.

I did have to recalibrate my radio, as the sticks were not all centered anymore, and also I had to set the endpoints in the
radio for HL Cl OFF That was way off.

Overall, my phantom has never been more controllable. It will hover perfectly still, even low to the ground. I had it hover
about 8" above the lawn, and it just stayed in one place.

Audaciter said:
I did have to recalibrate my radio, as the sticks were not all centered anymore, and also I had to set the endpoints in the
radio for HL Cl OFF That was way off.

Overall, my phantom has never been more controllable. It will hover perfectly still, even low to the ground. I had it hover
about 8" above the lawn, and it just stayed in one place.

Wow, that sounds good... but I am wary of this process. Mine's flying fine, I want to keep it that way. Hehe

Can anyone tell if there is a mechanism to retreat to the old version if need be? I can't remember from my initial update when I first got the Phantom how the process went. I suspect you can't recover to the old version if there are problems, since I guess this would mean the update would send you an executable (.exe) that would persist on your machine until a later date. They probably update directly from the online updater.

I would like to try to update. Although the aircraft is flying without major problems, it seems to drift to the left (facing away from me) when I expect it to fly straight away from me.

Just a thought.

I was confused with the download and then the warning last night but got excited about the upgrade and the listed/suggested improvements. Maybe dji with time will release this update for the phantom once they have tested it or see fit.

Someone just pointed out to me... If this is not for the phantom... Why is that page also showing the "Phantom Default Configuration Parameters" as a download!

Wow, that sounds good... but I am wary of this process. Mine's flying fine, I want to keep it that way. Hehe

Yeah, mine was flying great too, but even better now. I did move the basic gain settings up across the board, and it is ultra
stable.

On a side note, that high pitch electronic speed controller noise is back. :x I may have to flash the firmware chips
on the esc's yet.
Luckily, the tool is on the slow train from Singapore, or I would probably be voiding my warranty right now. ;)

ETC flashing... tell us more sir?

You will have to google "flashing esc's" there are numerous types of esc's, and they generally use only a few different
firmware chips.

If you shop around for esc's, the better one's have "Simon K firmware". There are Youtube videos, and rc forum threads
with plenty of information for the DIY r/c hobbyist. Hobby King, actually sells a premade tool for flashing your esc's.
Your order details are:
1x #332000007/27195 Atmel Atmega Socket Firmware Flashing Tool = $19.95
1x #9171000003/21321 USBasp AVR Programming Device for ATMEL proccessors = $4.71

These are the tools I have ordered. I bought them to flash the DJI Opto 30amp esc's for the TBS Discovery Extreme that
I am in the process of building, but I may also use them to flash the stock Phantom esc's as well.
DJI uses rebranded Turnigy esc's, but the performance is not optimal.

Of course I cannot recommend to anyone that they modify their Phantom, and as with anything in life, there may be
associated risks involved.

Instructions clearly say "NOT FOR PHANTOM" for naza m v2 only, use assistant 2.10 to download upgrade 3.10. Phantom assistant is 2.02. if you download 3.10 into your phantom, if you don't have any problems now, you will have. With dji you have to read EVERYTHING.

I am going to try it on mine , because it does not hover very well in on place , always drifts.
will let you no what happens.

Just upgraded to new firmware, one thing I noticed is in the software on the basic screen under rc . you can now go straight to fail safe with the atti switch without turning off the transmitter. you have the option of manual,atti or failsafe . still need to fly but will let you no how it works

It was late and I was tired, so I missed the tiny grey lettering message about not using this firmware on a Phantom. My fault clearly, I am trying to find a way to revert to or reinstall the previous version of the firmware, any ideas anyone?

It was late and I was tired, so I missed the tiny grey lettering message about not using this firmware on a Phantom. My fault clearly, I am trying to find a way to revert to or reinstall the previous version of the firmware, any ideas anyone?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj