Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Smart battery adapter from Banggood

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by GhostMaster, May 9, 2014.

1. GhostMaster

Looks like there is a new smart battery hack from banggood, with this smart battery adapter you can use your own standard lipos...

Seems interesting... Lets see if works as expected.

[​IMG]

Link: http://j.mp/1fUHeoT

2. Pull_Up

That looks like it was literally hacked off the back of a smart battery... :shock:

3. RemE

That's one way to side-step crappy batteries! Now just "try" and fit your own batteries in the model with those huge leads sticking out, sheese, what are these folks smoking back there???

4. EMCSQUAR

Looks like alot of reverse engineering whereas you can solder up a pair of female spade connectors to XT60 on a short length of cable. For $53 you can make many and add smart lights at same time...

5. rfernandez

if you want to be the beta tester be my guest. i have no issues paying for a genuine DJI battery.. piece of mind is worth more

6. riblit

Its a complete battery, not just the front with the electronics.

7. Pull_Up

The battery bit I'm not too concerned about (although I bet they haven't cracked the chemistry that gives the genuine one its power-to-weight performance) but it's the hack job on the smart circuit that I wouldn't trust either in the air or on the ground during charging. I know the genuine ones are expensive but personally I'd rather just wait a little longer to save up for the real thing.

8. BenDronePilot

It's tempting, while knock off products may look similar and seem to function for the most part they generally lack the build quality or reliability of the genuine thing. And with something like this unless you fly only over ocean or deserted fields I wouldn't want to risk a cheap third party setup to cause a crash either by running out of power prematurely or causing an electrical fault in some other component.

9. JimDE

From all the "fell out of the air" posts it's hard enough to keep them in the air with genuine OEM parts none the less cheap 3rd party knockoffs. No thank you.....

10. gunslinger

gunslinger Moderator
    Staff Member

+1 Couldn't agree more...

-slinger

11. Richhealth

No,no and no fellas. Sometimes a bad idea is obvious. I would love to be proven wrong though!

Rich