new set up

Reaction score
recently trashed my phantom vision 2 and not really worth repairing given how bad the camera is anyway. So I am building from scratch with a phantom 2 and Zemuse gimbal with gopro hereo 3+ Black. I already have a diversity black pearl monitor.
What i need to know what else do i need to add to this build list i will definitely need the transmitter on the quad with a heads up display.
So which transmitter with heads up do i need.
Do i need another ground based receiver.
Can i use my existing futaba transmitter to control the phantom 2

Many thanks

Neil

quick list, I see you'll need a video transmitter, antennas, and to get live flight telemetry data (which I believe you're calling heads up display) on the screen you'll need to add in an iOSD Mini.

There are basically 2 "families" of transmitters, different manufacturers use slightly different frequency ranges you'll want to make sure you get a video Tx that works with your receiver, then you won't need any other ground based receiver.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about aftermarket RC controls, but as long as it uses the same 2.4 Ghz frequencies that the original RC used, you're fine with 5.8Ghz video transmitter. If the Futaba uses 5.8Ghz frequencies for control then everything I said before may be moot and you'll have to go into a different freq range with all new equipment for fpv

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20