New Samsung Gear VR and Phantom 3

Hi chaps i have these goggles with my s6 edge .im running litchi and it works .the way to get over the problem with when you insert the phone it goes to oculus is you need a program called package disabler load it up and stop the gear vr app when you done that load litchi in fpv mode plug phone in and there you go when you look down cam moves look up cam moves up its a1 hope this helps chaps but trust me it works

Hi i have the gear vr unopened, galaxy s6 and p3p can you show us pics of your setup please

No problem i will get pics up later today its very easy to do trust me the only problem is you have to pay for the app

Hi steuk cant seem to upload pics but if you need info how to do it i will guide you matey

Reactions: SteUk
The problem is that when you insert the phone into the VR goggles it automatically starts the Oculus app for the goggles. I haven't found a way yet to get oout of that app and start anything else. I have read that you can drill holes to connect a cable from the RC or do somehow remove the docking connector but I don't want to do that quiet yet as they are brand new ;-)

Not sure if you have seen this but pretty simple to do to get the Gear VR set up working....
Firstly, you will need to download the Package Disabler Pro ap from the Android Store
Once downloaded, you will need to disable "Gear VR Services" (this does not remove it, just parks it until you decide to re enable it if you need to)
Then download Cardboard ap and that should be pretty much it, Litchi has a setting and once selected, the camera moves with your head, quite amazing..

Reactions: SteUk
in VR mode, are you getting 540P resolution as the screen is divided into two? Correct?

I bought a pair of freeflys,
I use IOS, so my only option was fpv camera.
the vr function of litchi is only available with android..so I have not tested it.

fpv camera only controls the camers up and down function and wil not turn the phantom, and there is a bit of a delay

I don't feel I can properly review it because every vr appi got for the freefly made me feel sick...

hope this helps,

Aaron

First of all, P3/ P4 do not have two cameras to shoot 3D pics and there is no need to artificially convert to 3d and lose resolution during viewing.

Hi chaps i have these goggles with my s6 edge .im running litchi and it works .the way to get over the problem with when you insert the phone it goes to oculus is you need a program called package disabler load it up and stop the gear vr app when you done that load litchi in fpv mode plug phone in and there you go when you look down cam moves look up cam moves up its a1 hope this helps chaps but trust me it works
I assume it works just off the USB port yes?

Not sure if you have seen this but pretty simple to do to get the Gear VR set up working....
Firstly, you will need to download the Package Disabler Pro ap from the Android Store
Once downloaded, you will need to disable "Gear VR Services" (this does not remove it, just parks it until you decide to re enable it if you need to)
Then download Cardboard ap and that should be pretty much it, Litchi has a setting and once selected, the camera moves with your head, quite amazing..

Great help northof4 but, if you can please, can you show it working in Litchi app.

I tried this with my Samsung vr and Note 5. It did not allow me to open up the goggles in Litchi stating no goggles found so, I used my freefly goggles and it works fine.

Keeping a eye on this thread. Will be picking up the S7 soon with the VR gear 2 googles. Hoping there's away to get them to work with the P3

Yeah, I'm not going to update my phone. The Note 5 works great with freefly goggles with my Phantom 3 professional.

I too eagerly await a definitive answer as I will be picking up a Note 7 and the new Gear VR, tomorrow. If I figure it out myself, or find the answer elsewhere, I will be sure to repost in this thread.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1