New Samsung Gear VR and Phantom 3

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new Samsung Gear VR? If so can you give us some insight on which app works best, any mods need to be made and what phone are you using.

Thanks in advance!

I kinda doubt that this will work based on how these VR goggles function. DJI would probably have to come out with a split screen app which is probably unlikely.

I kinda doubt that this will work based on how these VR goggles function. DJI would probably have to come out with a split screen app which is probably unlikely.
There are already 2apps supporting VR: Fpv Camera and Litchi.

In case I use VR, I will prefer DJI app on the controller and Fpv through HDMI board. We have few devices to achieve this. We don't need any app for this.

That's good to know !!

I have Litchi already, now I need to figure out how to make it work and what it can do :)

The problem is that when you insert the phone into the VR goggles it automatically starts the Oculus app for the goggles. I haven't found a way yet to get oout of that app and start anything else. I have read that you can drill holes to connect a cable from the RC or do somehow remove the docking connector but I don't want to do that quiet yet as they are brand new ;-)

That's good to know !!

I have Litchi already, now I need to figure out how to make it work and what it can do :)

In regards to Note4 and Gear VR...
Gear VR goggles will ONLY work with P3 STANDARD and P2 VISION and VISION PLUS with LITCHI.
You will need to run the Note 4 without activating the oculus software. This is done mounting the note 4 in the hack position where the micro usb port is NOT engaged. It will only work with the above 2 phantoms because they run wifi FPV and NOT cable USB for FPV.

Now the newer VR headset for the Galaxy S6, S6 edge and S6 Plus has an external micro usb. What I don't know is whether that port is data+charge or data only. If data+charge then Oculus needs to write a Gear VR app for the DJI Go app or they need an app that can emulate stereoscopic images.

The biggest hurdle will be the interaction. Eg, how to you stop and start recording if you cannot touch the screen.. etc.

Gear VR goggles will ONLY work with P3 STANDARD and P2 VISION and VISION PLUS with LITCHI.
You will need to run the Note 4 without activating the oculus software. This is done mounting the note 4 in the hack position where the micro usb port is NOT engaged. It will only work with the above 2 phantoms because they run wifi FPV and NOT cable USB for FPV.

Now the newer VR headset for the Galaxy S6, S6 edge and S6 Plus has an external micro usb. What I don't know is whether that port is data+charge or data only. If data+charge then Oculus needs to write a Gear VR app for the DJI Go app or they need an app that can emulate stereoscopic images.

The biggest hurdle will be the interaction. Eg, how to you stop and start recording if you cannot touch the screen.. etc.
Why can't you use the controller buttons to start and stop recordings?

The port on the Galaxy S6 and edge is only for charging so you are unable to use them and if you want you can turn the phone around and drill a hole so that you can connect to the controller but it's easier just to buy a cheap VR headset

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Will Litchi VR app still function if my Sony smartphone is rotated the other way? The data link is on the left side and I can't connect the cable to the controller when it's lying down on the left side in my VR Box. Litchi VR users pls help? Tks vm.

Apologies if I'm in wrong forum as this is Samsung, but hopefully related somewhat cos of vr issue.

Hi chaps i have these goggles with my s6 edge .im running litchi and it works .the way to get over the problem with when you insert the phone it goes to oculus is you need a program called package disabler load it up and stop the gear vr app when you done that load litchi in fpv mode plug phone in and there you go when you look down cam moves look up cam moves up its a1 hope this helps chaps but trust me it works

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl