New rules for Hobbyist flying.

Reaction score
Does anybody have a link for the new rules for hobbyist for flying the drone.

What country are you in?

I am unaware of any new rules in the U.S.

I live in Alaska, was suppose to take effect last night at midnight, by the FAA.

Okay, then you have a link for the hobbyists rules. I been trying to find it and can't, would be appreciated.

Does anybody have a link for the new rules for hobbyist for flying the drone.
The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) new comprehensive regulations (the new rules) go into effect today for routine non-recreational use of small unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) – more popularly known as “drones.
See here for more info: The FAA's New Drone Rules Are Effective Today

For recreational flying info: Fly for Fun

Reactions: Falcon900 and joet
Okay, then you have a link for the hobbyists rules. I been trying to find it and can't, would be appreciated.

There are no new rules for hobbyists that I am aware of. The only thing that went into effect was the part 107 which is actually a considerable improvment over the 333 exemption.

Assuming one applies for and receives a part 107 remote pilot certificate, can they fly commercially during the day and fly the same drone later that night for hobby?

Assuming one applies for and receives a part 107 remote pilot certificate, can they fly commercially during the day and fly the same drone later that night for hobby?
I have been wondering the same thing. It may be premature, based on how long it will take local Aviation Safety Inspectors to get up to speed on the new Part 107, but I would call the nearest FAA FSDO and ask that question.

Reactions: Curtnkari
interesting - remember, that you also have to register the actual drone that will be used for commercial flying as opposed to just the operator for hobby use. All aircraft are registered and how they are used is determined by the pilot. If you are part 107 certified, flying a registered aircraft, IMHO, the FAA will expect you to follow the rules associated with your ticket. I ultimately intend to have 2 birds - one registered, one not - one for commercial, one for hobby. More expensive, of course, but a whole lot less likely to put me in a questionable situation.

I posed this question to my FSDO via email:

Assuming one applies for and receives a part 107 remote pilot certificate, can they fly commercially during the day and fly the same drone later that NIGHT for hobby?

and here is their response:

They may operate the same drone for hobby and recreational purposes, provided they follow the requirements for the type of operation they are conducting.
Night operations for hobbyists are permitted if they are following the standards set by a community-based organization, maintain visual line-of-sight, and avoid manned aircraft.
Regards,
FAA UAS Integration Office

Reactions: joet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers