New Remote Control won't link

Reaction score
Hello.
I had to buy another remote for my P3A.
I can't get it to link to the bird.
When i go into the settings to link remote and press Link, a message comes up Check Frequency??
Has anyone come across this before?
Thanks for any help
Graham.

I NEGOTIATED A NEW P3P FROM DJI. BECAUSE OF A BATTERY ISSUE. IT SAT IN MY CLOSET FOR 3 MONTHS AND I DECIDED TO SELL IT BECAUSE IT WAS MY SECOND PHANTOM. THE BUYER ADVISE ME THE REMOTE WOULD NOT LINK WITH THE PHANTOM. I TOOK IT BACK AND TRIED TO LINK IT. I CONNECTED THE REMOTE TO MY IPHONE 6, AND TURNED ON THE PHANTOM PER DJI INSTRUCTIONS. I WAS IN THE GO APP AND STARTED THE LINK . THE SCREEN WOULD BLINK A FEW TIMES AND REVERT BACK TO MY APPS ON THE I PHONE. SENT AN EMAIL TO DJI AND AM WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.
HAS ANY HAD SAME PROBLEMS?
NEVER SAW CHECK FREQUENCY!

You have to push the tiny little, poorly documented link button on the drone. I don't have it with me at the moment but it's a 2 mm squishy button that you have to have a pen or tiny screwdriver to push. It's on the ultrasound sensor module, under the "CE" label, IIRC. There are two little holes, one is the LED, the one towards the back of the bird is the switch. Hit the LINK RC button in the GO app and then you have something like 30-60 seconds to push the button on the drone. Should work.

I NEGOTIATED A NEW P3P FROM DJI. BECAUSE OF A BATTERY ISSUE. IT SAT IN MY CLOSET FOR 3 MONTHS AND I DECIDED TO SELL IT BECAUSE IT WAS MY SECOND PHANTOM. THE BUYER ADVISE ME THE REMOTE WOULD NOT LINK WITH THE PHANTOM. I TOOK IT BACK AND TRIED TO LINK IT. I CONNECTED THE REMOTE TO MY IPHONE 6, AND TURNED ON THE PHANTOM PER DJI INSTRUCTIONS. I WAS IN THE GO APP AND STARTED THE LINK . THE SCREEN WOULD BLINK A FEW TIMES AND REVERT BACK TO MY APPS ON THE I PHONE. SENT AN EMAIL TO DJI AND AM WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.
HAS ANY HAD SAME PROBLEMS?
NEVER SAW CHECK FREQUENCY!

HEY WET DOG
THANKS. ANOTHER ISSUE , YEA RIGHT
I CONNECT AS SHOWN. THE FIRST DJI SCREEN COMES UP (CONNECT YOUR DEVICE) IT IS IN THE STANDARD DRONE POSITION. THE BOTTOM READS CAMERA. I CHANGE IT TO PROFESSIONAL. WHEN I DO THAT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN TELLS ME HOW TO CONNECT NOT GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLICK ON CAMERA. I PUSEDTHE LITTLE BUTTON AS DESCRIBED AND IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING. GUESSING I WOULD HAVE TO GET TO LINK AREA, BUT CANNOT

THANK YOU

I can't get it to link because when i press link, a message comes up Check Frequency.I press agree and the screen reverts back to the link RC screen.

HEY WET DOG
THANKS. ANOTHER ISSUE , YEA RIGHT
I CONNECT AS SHOWN. THE FIRST DJI SCREEN COMES UP (CONNECT YOUR DEVICE) IT IS IN THE STANDARD DRONE POSITION. THE BOTTOM READS CAMERA. I CHANGE IT TO PROFESSIONAL. WHEN I DO THAT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN TELLS ME HOW TO CONNECT NOT GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO CLICK ON CAMERA. I PUSEDTHE LITTLE BUTTON AS DESCRIBED AND IT DID NOT DO ANYTHING. GUESSING I WOULD HAVE TO GET TO LINK AREA, BUT CANNOT

THANK YOU
If I understand what you are doing, you aren't in the correct place to link. Look at the tutorial video. It goes through everything step by step.

I can't get it to link because when i press link, a message comes up Check Frequency.I press agree and the screen reverts back to the link RC screen.
Sounds like the controller isn't seeing anything on the frequency it wants which is odd.

Some thoughts - you've gone through all the steps just exactly right as shown in the tutorial. The DJI firmware is actually not terribly bright and if you look at it wrong it just stops and doesn't tell you what the problem is. You've got to follow the steps pretty exactly.

The Phantom is on and doesn't complain when it boots up, yes?

You wouldn't happen to have another Phantom to check with?

Hi wet dog.
Yep, all updates done step by step an upto date.
This RC is not the original RC that came with my P3A. The RTH button broke so I bought another RC.Its this remote that won'tlink.
Santa came with a P3P, I'm not messing with that.
The two RC codes are different. Mine was a 300B code and the other RC Iis a 300A code.
Would that explain anything?

Hi wet dog.
Yep, all updates done step by step an upto date.
This RC is not the original RC that came with my P3A. The RTH button broke so I bought another RC.Its this remote that won'tlink.
Santa came with a P3P, I'm not messing with that.
The two RC codes are different. Mine was a 300B code and the other RC Iis a 300A code.
Would that explain anything?

So your RC (the 300A) took the new firmware? I don't think there is enough differences between the two to explain that - most info I found:

"
they are similar in appearance, structure, PCB, material and functions except:
1. GL300B doesn't have the video processor TMS320DM368 Video SoC and its additional circuit.
2. GL300B deletes CY7C68013 High-Speed USB 2.0 Peripheral Controller and replaces it with a CYUSB2014 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Controller
3. GL300B adds CW2015CWAD for power estimating.

The GL-300B can only be upgraded via the Pilot App, USB won't upgrade it anymore....
From the user perspective, it's USB 3.0, and updates easier..."

Control frequencies and all should be the same.

???

I understand your reluctance not to play with the new RC, but I switch RCs often (one has an antenna mod).

Thanks for your very informed reply.
So you want to find out if it will connect to my New P3P....
Ref the updates on RC, sd card says Not updated as it's the same version firmware.
My old P3A RC will do the link and count down with the bleeps.
My New P3P RC will do the link and count down with the bleeps.
Gl300A (second hand) RC won't do the link with count down and bleeps.
I don't get that option.I get, link RC.press ok,message comes up "Check Frequency".I press agree and it returns to link RC screen.

Last edited:
So it definitely sounds like the 'new' RC. Hmm. May need to talk to the DJI folks about that. Sadness.

Hey wet dog and 4wd. More remote information. I followed the video, when I got to the RC settings I push linking RC . I get the warning are you sure you want to link, push yes. This is where I am supposed to hear beeping and see a blue light. It does not happen.

I also Went to the calibrate RC area. I connected to my iPhone 6 to the remote turn it on making sure that the phantom was off. The picture that I got under RC calibration was for two of the controls with 0% around the right control and 0% around the left one with the exception of 100% on top of the left control. I push start get a warning to make sure that the controls are set at that center which they are I push OK and and basically nothing happens. Am l doomed to Dji service. Wet dog I really do appreciate everything you've done for me it's good to know that fellow phantom flyers are of help out there

Dji Patrick did say to check that they are the same codes B or A Code Rc's.
It Says Confirm Frequency, when trying to link.
Can i change the Frequency some how??

Reactions: Gary summerfield

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4