New Releases of P3 Standard w/2.7K & P3 4K

If they could up the frame rate on 1080 to for the sports action side of things they could really blow away the other competitors

If they could up the frame rate on 1080 to for the sports action side of things they could really blow away the other competitors
60 frames per sec is really good for video

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I personally would not buy a phantom that doesn't use lightbridge. Wifi is simply not good enough.
I agree, Lightbridge or something equivalent. TCP/IP wasn't meant to send low latency video over the air. All that handshaking protocol hinders latency, distance and reliability in fringe situations.

B&H is also advertising P3A's for $799, yes with Lightbridge. There must have been a big announcement at CES this week that convinced DJI to bomb the price, such as Yuneec's Typhoon H hexacopter with 360 degree 4K/12MP camera for $1799. This is going to strangle 3DR's SOLO, I'm not sure they can keep up.
upload_2016-1-5_23-4-15.png

Last edited:
Just received an advertisement from B&H Photo. They are selling a Phantom 3 Standard with 2.7K camera for $499 and the Phantom 3 4K for $899

http://www.bhphotovideo.com
I see the P3P for $1189 at B&H too, I guess map pricing just went down. DJI's website will be updated in the next couple days, so I'm told by the DJI chat box.
upload_2016-1-5_23-8-14.png

Last edited:
Not much different from the xmas offer of hard shell case

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Didn't the Advanced use to be 1080? now says 2.7K. was the only reason i went with standard instead of advanced.

I personally would not buy a phantom that doesn't use lightbridge. Wifi is simply not good enough.
Well you haven't been here long enough to know that's what we started with and I find it just fine. I got 3 miles with it .
Didn't the Advanced use to be 1080? now says 2.7K. was the only reason i went with standard instead of advanced.
Yes it did but that changed when the Standard came out . The Adv also has a better camera than we do .

I ordered one yesterday but they are backordered from Adorama. We going to cancel and order one from bhphotovideo but the price went back up to $999.

it seems to me when these prices start doing this they are getting ready to come out with something new.
And I mean not just this 4K Standard . Will be interesting to see just what transpires .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31