New regulations here in Colombia, ruining the hobby.

Reaction score
Hi all, live here in Colombia and just yesterday they regulated drones here. Now in order to fly them you need a certificate saying you've taken off and landed 200 times, also must carry insurance. Mandatory to "tag" your drone with serial number and your personal info. And a few other regs. Disgusted, thinking of just selling mine.

Reactions: witold
Hi all, live here in Colombia and just yesterday they regulated drones here. Now in order to fly them you need a certificate saying you've taken off and landed 200 times, also must carry insurance. Mandatory to "tag" your drone with serial number and your personal info. And a few other regs. Disgusted, thinking of just selling mine.

Don't mind the tagging and the insurance but who is going to certify the 200 take offs and landings.

I'm not seeing a Biggy here Harry

"taken off and landed 200 times" sounds like a fun morning out
"must carry insurance" I do and nothing to it (well the owners do)
"Mandatory to "tag" your drone with serial number and your personal info" I do that anyway

Nothing much there, back to quad-ing :)

Reactions: GlennG
That's why I sold my p3. Can only expect more to come with all the irresponsible flyers and group think in general against the drone community

Also not allowed to fly over 500' up or 750' away. Must get written permission 15 days in advance. Just more or the stuff they put in regs.

It's not going to be the wild west forever. Anyone who's a smart responsible flyer does most of this anyways

Get your flights in, boys ... I am taking a month-long road trip out west and honestly I think not only about authorities, but also the ignorant and fearful people out there who would shoot me down out of the new paranoia that seems to grip a lot of the nation in recent years.

@Kmullins87, before you got for a flight, do you get written permission 15 days before from authorities?
That's the kind of regulating they just implemented here.

Cops could easily confiscate and fine you. It's coming from the Colombian version of the U.S. FAA

BTW ... while we are on this ... it's important to check the rules before flying with the copter. I travel in southeast Asia regularly, for example, and have read that drones are confiscated outright in Myanmar. And from what I have read (single source), if you fly into Ecuador with a drone they want a duty fee of 50% of the value of the bird. I have no plans for Ecuador at the moment, but man I should would call the embassy to clarify for EVERY country I want to visit with my copter.

It is a beautiful country

I know. I want to visit for an extended time to try to make some progress with my Spanish. I've heard it's one of the best places to go for a "westerner" to learn Spanish, due to the way it is spoken there. Someday I will ride the cablecar in Medellin and practice my Spanish on the streets!!

They probably don't want you to fly over the mansions of all the corrupt politicians. :p

With so many other problems in the country, I'm surprised this is the stuff the government focuses on. Maybe they should spend their time thinking about all the druggies roaming the streets of Bogota.

But then again, they require motorbikes to have license plate on vest and helmet and other security measures. Maybe they're worried that 'drones' will be used as a weapon, too...

hey require motorbikes to have license plate on vest and helmet

Really? Not sure I get that. License plate on the helmet? For real?

And just for the record, we have a LOT of people here who are fearful of drones for all sorts of paranoid/political reasons.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers