New Regs for Drones in Canada

Reaction score
Drone knowledge testing 'to avoid disaster' part of Transport Canada rules proposal

Summary:

- Device registration
- Knowledge test
- Age limits (14-16 years)
- Liability insurance for recreational drones over 250 grams (9 oz.)

meanwhile it will be easier to get commercial license:

"You go through the process once and then you'll have a licence just like having an automobile licence," said Mark Aruja, chairman of the Board for Unmanned Systems Canada, a group that co-chaired the working group to help develop the regulations.

I'm ok with everything except liability insurance. There is no industry for this, really. definitely not scaled for recreational uses. Nice job, idiots.

Soon we will need insurance to operate a shopping cart.

"We do have instances of these things crashing into vehicles, for example, so there has to be some means of accounting for the cost of those damages," McCrorie said, emphasizing the need for liability insurance

Personally i really don't care....I have over 275 flights on my P3A and do all my flying in the mountains and wilderness. People who fly their machines in cities or around groups of people are courting disaster and should cover themselves in terms of insurance.

I live at Whistler Ski Resort and it is now mandatory to have coverage and a permit to fly within the alpine boundary. As a volunteer host I had to stop a fellow from flying an inspire to film a wedding party on skis outside the main lodge in the middle of a snow storm!

No matter how great a pilot you are, there is always the possibility of a hardware or software failure and the results can of course be very dangerous.

Be sensible....be safe.

Finding an insurance co. for drone coverage in Ontario, Canada has so far, been impossible!
Anyone know a carrier/broker who does, do let me know
I take it you guys don't have access to Verifly?

Drone Air quality and odour monitoring” free Webinar to be held in November 16th (Webinar | Scentroid) .

Free Online Webinar, Wednesday November 16th, 2016,10:00 AM , (-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), In this webinar we explain the use of drone, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for air quality monitoring, chemical monitoring and Meteorological Measurements and air and odour sampling.

Attachments

• Drone Webinar - Nov.jpg
    Drone Webinar - Nov.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 414

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers