NEW RECORD {update} [video is up] 6.09km... 3.8mi !!!

mede8er said:
Awesome vid DBS...seems your tape measure overlay stops at 20k...... :D

And I almost pegged the needle on that sucker... :lol:
I wanted to see it roll over... :twisted:
**** Vision Plus app distance doesn't match the flytrex distance... had that problem on the last video too... like a hundred forty feet off... same thing again this time :roll:

DBS said:
And I almost pegged the needle on that sucker... :lol:
I wanted to see it roll over... :twisted:
**** Vision Plus app distance doesn't match the flytrex distance... had that problem on the last video too... like a hundred forty feet off... same thing again this time :roll:

Which one is wrong? ..and congrats mate!..loved the editing on the vid too :)

Brettly said:
Which one is wrong? ..and congrats mate!..loved the editing on the vid too :)

Thanks bro... and ... who knows which one is wrong :?

But... with all the posts before me... they go with the Vision APP Screenshot... but since I don't have that ... I best just go ahead and go with what I got... with all the trollers out there it's not worth the keystrokes to argue about it... doesn't matter much anyway... somebody will come along and beat it... or not... if they beat me by a hundred feet on an app Screenshot? I'll probly wanna shoot myself in the head :evil: ...

Either way I have a lot more left in this antenna setup... never hit RTH or had any bad video problems... just need to find the right wind conditions for battery performance and I can go over 4 miles... When everybody gets sorted out this won't be a signal contest anymore... it'll be a battery performance contest to see who can make it back :ugeek:

Do you fly in ATTI mode in either direction? You mentioned not to upgrade to 3.06 due to slower speed but I've heard that flying in ATTI mode will disable the pitch angle restriction.

Distance can be found with the LAT and LONG specs. Thats recorded right ?
No crappy commend on the skirt DBS, i mean panels. Lucky you aren't wearing socks in the shoe's. That would be something to LMAO.

srandall25 said:
Do you fly in ATTI mode in either direction? You mentioned not to upgrade to 3.06 due to slower speed but I've heard that flying in ATTI mode will disable the pitch angle restriction.

I didn't fly in ATTI mode in this video... that is an option if I get hung out there and need more speed ... but once I noticed how fast it was coming home I just let it ride in GPS ... I'm flying on 3.0 firmware so i don't have the speed limit problem associated with the newer versions

ToThePoint said:
Distance can be found with the LAT and LONG specs. Thats recorded right ?
No crappy commend on the skirt DBS, i mean panels. Lucky you aren't wearing socks in the shoe's. That would be something to LMAO.

Thanks for the non-crappy comment (I think) :?
I can see the distance numbers in the csv file after I download it from Flytrex... but by that time it's already converted by their server... The original file before upload is encrypted so it does no good... If I had been logging data with Vision + Utility Pro I could compare the numbers but I didn't have that enabled on this flight... (remember. .. I was just out there testing when I started the day) :oops:

Geert said:
Congrats, that is some achievement.

DBS said:
if they beat me by a hundred feet on an app Screenshot? I'll probly wanna shoot myself in the head :evil: ...

Don't do this.... we like to keep you a bit longer on our forum here. :lol:

Geert./.

Thanks brother Geert!!

Anyway yeah... my wife has strictly prohibited me from any and all "head shooting"... so ... that's all sorted out :lol:

Congratulations!!!
A serious antenna panel for a series task/mission. What do you think the limit is?

John Shaw said:
Congratulations!!!
A serious antenna panel for a series task/mission. What do you think the limit is?

Knowing Chuck as I do his "limit" is one varifiable foot farther than anyone who surpasses his records..... :mrgreen:

John Shaw said:
Congratulations!!!

Not sure... from what I've learned and tested this should still receive video link out to around 5 miles and send control signal out past 7 miles...

Problem is the Vision Plus will never make it that far so i will never know ... Battery will dictate the end of this madness and it will be a bummer for somebody ... forum member LMC already had a loss because of that so I'm being careful about whatever I do next.

I always "over do" the antenna for the specific task at hand... I don't fly these missions where you keep flying until you lose control and let it fly back until you can get control again to return home...
The goal here is "usable range" ... {def}... "to send your craft deep down range... as far as it is physically capable of going due to battery constraints... While maintaining complete control and flawless FPV video feed for ultimate flight confidence and mission success"

That's the idea anyway... making it happen takes a buttload of building and testing but that's all the fun right?

My wife walked in here earlier and I must've had a look on my face...
"wassa matter hunnee?" She says....

"I ain't got nuthin to build mama" :(

:!: :!: :!: :!: GETTING SETUP FOR THE SWARM ON SUNDAY GUYS :!: :!: :!: :!:

we've got fixed wing flyers coming out this week with one rig having pontoons for water takeoffs and landings... might be some unique video opportunity there :D

Does anybody have an inverter to bring along? If not I may be able to grab one...

One of the fixed wing guys brings a tent with him as well so that could buy us some more time with some shade to hide under :ugeek:

Looking forward to seeing mede8er try out his newly beefed up rig... (how bout 1&2 on the Flytrex scoreboard :?: )

this'll be a cool day on the flats!! ... see you guys when the sun comes up!!!

DBS said:
:!: :!: :!: :!: GETTING SETUP FOR THE SWARM ON SUNDAY GUYS :!: :!: :!: :!:

[b
Looking forward to seeing mede8er try out his newly beefed up rig... (how bout 1&2 on the Flytrex scoreboard :?: )

this'll be a cool day on the flats!! ... see you guys when the sun comes up!!!

Can't wait to try out my new "Beast Mode" stuff, I'll limit it to 15,500ft.... :mrgreen: ....also, I'm bringing up my newly acquired disco pro for maiden..... :shock:

mede8er said:
Can't wait to try out my new "Beast Mode" stuff, I'll limit it to 15,500ft.... :mrgreen: ....also, I'm bringing up my newly acquired disco pro for maiden..... :shock:

Ohhh snap!!! The disco has landed!!! Also looking forward to seeing that baby in the air... we're gonna have some serious hardware in the air down there tomorrow... looks like the weather is gonna be solid as well... :ugeek:

mede8er said:
Beast mode went off without a hitch in my short test flight....12 sats on the ground with the foil mod!!!!

Jeezzzz ... I gadda do dat bro ... I mean ... I get 12 in the air ... you seen that at the last swarm... but 12 on the ground :shock: ... that's a real confidence booster before launch mode ...

I'll get it figured out before the next time I take this thing apart for the antennas they are building for me... that'll be awhile though I guess... engineers said board etching is in September but I don't know when in September... plus shipping or whatever from Poland :? :?:

So i did some cleaning up again... Battery mounted more permanent where It will stay no matter which antennas I'm using... wiring all cleaned up etc...

2014-08-20%2008.57.38_zpsv2kkaojd.jpg

Left to right ... 2.4Ghz 1000mW WiFi booster ... 12v , 6800mAh booster power supply ... 5.8Ghz 200 mW transmit booster

THEN... After I got all done with the cleanup... my wife brings in a package and says "surprise... I saw this on the watch list on the eBay account" ... God I love that woman :D

20140823_195132_zps8mg8dhe4.jpg

Digital Dashboard in full effect for the morning swarm...
Clock... temp one (wifi amp) ... temp two (ambient air) ... and booster battery monitor....
All in a good size display with back light in blue or orange...
Selectable F° or C° ... 12hr or 24hr time ... Max/Min button for high/low temps recorded (with reset)

Really cool ... she's a keeper :ugeek:

DBS said:
mede8er said:
Beast mode went off without a hitch in my short test flight....12 sats on the ground with the foil mod!!!!

Jeezzzz ... I gadda do dat bro ... I mean ... I get 12 in the air ... you seen that at the last swarm... but 12 on the ground :shock: ... that's a real confidence booster before launch mode ...

I'll get it figured out before the next time I take this thing apart for the antennas they are building for me... that'll be awhile though I guess... engineers said board etching is in September but I don't know when in September... plus shipping or whatever from Poland :? :?:

So i did some cleaning up again... Battery mounted more permanent where It will stay no matter which antennas I'm using... wiring all cleaned up etc...

2014-08-20%2008.57.38_zpsv2kkaojd.jpg

Left to right ... 2.4Ghz 1000mW WiFi booster ... 12v , 6800mAh booster power supply ... 5.8Ghz 200 mW transmit booster

THEN... After I got all done with the cleanup... my wife brings in a package and says "surprise... I saw this on the watch list on the eBay account" ... God I love that woman :D

20140823_195132_zps8mg8dhe4.jpg

Digital Dashboard in full effect for the morning swarm...
Clock... temp one (wifi amp) ... temp two (ambient air) ... and booster battery monitor....
All in a good size display with back light in blue or orange...
Selectable F° or C° ... 12hr or 24hr time ... Max/Min button for high/low temps recorded (with reset)

Really cool ... she's a keeper :ugeek:

Hehe.. I can see another record brewing :)

Brettly said:
Hehe.. I can see another record brewing :)

No records broken today... didn't even try... wind was not acceptable for that type of attempt... so we just decided to have some fun and spend some time actually "flying and enjoying" the V+ quads and mede8er's awesome discovery pro... FLPTFLYER had his "Vero Sky" with him and a custom Blade 200 QX on 3D printed frame... I had my RC Logger Eye One Xtreme just to go thru some batteries and keep them fresh... went thru one battery on the V+ that was fairly uneventful... and then things got interesting... Some guy showed up in a full size powered hang glider :shock:

Screenshot from video after he landed... (cropped so grainy)
Screenshot_2014-08-24-09-12-5201_zpscefi0a4w.png

Really cool ... He buzzed our position several times as if to egg us on... so I threw the second battery in the Phantom and followed him around the flats for awhile... got some really cool video in the early morning sunrise of his mellow slow cruise close to the ground ... I'll be editing it in awhile here and get a clip posted... awesome change to do something different today :ugeek:

Screenshot_2014-08-24-09-04-40_zpsezvmjibv.png

After coming home and watching some of the video... I feel now like I shoulda got a lot closer... but better safe than sorry... still got some pretty decent video even though it was totally unplanned and I was freaking out a bit trying to make sure I didn't do anything stupid... :?

Stayed safe... got good shots... everyone went home in one piece... great day to fly... :ugeek:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20