NEW RECORD {update} [video is up] 6.09km... 3.8mi !!!

Re: NEW RECORD... 16,543ft... 5.04km... 3.1mi

DBS said:
Did some more antenna modding last weekend... finally decided to mod a little bit on the Phantom itself... still using everything stock and stock antennas... just moved them a little bit so they are pointing in the right direction for FPV

Video here...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-1HlDJcPlw[/youtube]

Screenshot from flight or it didn't happen right?
a6994232-65-Screenshot_2014-08-06-06-33-47.jpg

Ended up on top of the Flytrex leaderboard for P2V+ long range... pretty sweet for an old guy like me
a6994236-66-Screenshot_2014-08-06-07-26-17.png

I still gots more range in this baby... never lost control signal... never lost video feed... never hit RTH... Returned to base with 25% battery remaining... looks like there'll be some more attempts in my future...

Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Man got With different setup in his phantom vision +upgraded more than 18350 Feet !!!!!!!! 5600m

See the link below with his full video without any editing and effecting

For more information see the description in his channel or send him comment

Good luck for all...

http://youtu.be/I1m4xw92KJw

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 474

714Aberdeen said:
Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Man got With different setup in his phantom vision +upgraded more than 18350 Feet !!!!!!!! 5600m

Good luck for all...

HOLY CRAP!!! Wooohooo buddy!!! Awesome flight right there... see If you can get the details or some pictures on his setup bro... nice solid video for 95% of that run... real sweet indeed... :shock:

****... now i got some **** to do... :lol: The challenge has been set... I will be ready in a few days and we'll see how the weather decides to cooperate :ugeek:

Mods on the Phantom are done... just some small stuff cleaning up antenna installs and making more solid for no vibration in flight ... New antennas arrive tomorrow for ground station "beast mode" ... hope to be ready to fly by Wednesday morning... and then it's just waiting on proper wind conditions I guess... fingers crossed.... ready for some serious competition :ugeek:

714Aberdeen said:
Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Good luck for all...

WOW! Great stuff Aberdeen....DBS has got his hands full now... :!:

mede8er said:
714Aberdeen said:
Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Good luck for all...

WOW! Great stuff Aberdeen....DBS has got his hands full now... :!:

Hell yeah... hands full of psycho massive antennas :lol:

Hope it's not a mouthfull... I've been talkin smack this whole way and now it's time to put up or shut up... :oops:

Good luck on the attempt DBS. He had a little in the tank (15% batt) but geez, those return trips home need to be quick :)

Brettly said:
Good luck on the attempt DBS. He had a little in the tank (15% batt) but geez, those return trips home need to be quick :)

True dat bro... zero wind conditions are a must for me... When I take off and head down range... if I notice the Phantom is traveling either too fast or too slow... I bail... makes it difficult to gauge battery life when there's outside influence... makes for many frustrating mornings of not getting anything done but I'd rather go home irritated then go home with "no drone" :ugeek:

mede8er said:
I got a preview of DBS's new setup.....and it's...... :shock:

Batteries are charging... dawn patrol is eminent.... checklist complete... weather looks good... fingers crossed for a good return flight and safe landing... I'm NOT gonna sleep tonight I know it :roll:

I have 5 mornings in a row to get a good shot off... so the intensity is taken down a few notches... Have a few antenna orders rolling in so there's stuff to do while I wait for the morning weather each day... feels mellow on this one... nice :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Re: NEW RECORD {update} ... 20,100ft ... 6.09km ... 3.8mi !!

714Aberdeen said:
Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Good luck for all...

OK buddy... I took my shot ... your turn ... be safe!!! :ugeek:

Stupid , stupid run this morning... :roll: went out to just test :roll: ... New antennas ... New mounts ... New cables ... New power pack for booster amps ...

I figured I would go pretty long and just get an idea if everything was solid ... I knew I was fighting a head wind so i didn't see myself pushing anything very far but signal and video was so clean I just kept going... as I got to a good distance I noticed I could hit the 6km mark so i pushed for that... turned around ... looked at the battery level and noticed it was already at 44% ... HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: ... I thought it was all over at that point ... but I saw the speed get up to 45mph on the way back and hold at that number ... so luckily ... I got back quickly and all was a happy ending :mrgreen:

I'll get out on a calmer day and see if I can nail the 4 mile mark ... just a bit farther an I woulda had that ****!!! :ugeek:

Screenshot from Flytrex upload

Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-36-13_zps1c7ldjz0.png

This is also the first time a Phantom 2 Vision + has showed up on the Flytrex "overall" leaderboard ... pretty sweet :ugeek:

Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-39-46_zpsmnohdxre.png

I'll have the Flytrex Dashware video up and running later today... have to do some running around town for awhile so it'll be a few hours... anxious to see the whole flight with data ... I was just not paying proper attention this morning... :roll: stupid idiot :roll:

Re: NEW RECORD {update} ... 20,100ft... 6.09km... 3.8mi !!!

Amazing. That is about 1750 extra feet than 714Aberdeen's last big run.

Times 2 = 3500 feet.
Avg speed of 44fps takes about 79 extra seconds of flight time.

Getting close the battery's performance edge.

Re: NEW RECORD {update} ... 20,100ft ... 6.09km ... 3.8mi !!

DBS said:
714Aberdeen said:
Hi DBS

Your turn Now friend

Good luck for all...

OK buddy... I took my shot ... your turn ... be safe!!! :ugeek:

Stupid , stupid run this morning... :roll: went out to just test :roll: ... New antennas ... New mounts ... New cables ... New power pack for booster amps ...

I figured I would go pretty long and just get an idea if everything was solid ... I knew I was fighting a head wind so i didn't see myself pushing anything very far but signal and video was so clean I just kept going... as I got to a good distance I noticed I could hit the 6km mark so i pushed for that... turned around ... looked at the battery level and noticed it was already at 44% ... HOLY CRAP!!! :shock: ... I thought it was all over at that point ... but I saw the speed get up to 40mph on the way back and hold at that number ... so luckily ... I got back quickly and all was a happy ending :mrgreen:

I'll get out on a calmer day and see if I can nail the 4 mile mark ... just a bit farther an I woulda had that ****!!! :ugeek:

Screenshot from Flytrex upload

Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-36-13_zps1c7ldjz0.png

this is also the first time a Phantom 2 Vision + has showed up on the Flytrex "overall" leaderboard ... pretty sweet :ugeek:

Screenshot_2014-08-20-07-39-46_zpsmnohdxre.png

I'll have the Flytrex Dashware video up and running later today... have to do some running around town for awhile so it'll be a few hours... anxious to see the whole flight with data ... I was just not paying proper attention this morning... :roll: stupid idiot :roll:

Good job :lol:

WoooHoooo....can't wait to get out there Sunday with my new setup...

srandall25 said:
You guys are INSANE!!!! Congrats!

INSANE?!!! ... ok ... I'll accept that ... (just don't tell my wife... she thinks I go early to film the birds) :oops:
Thanks man... :ugeek:

garrock said:
Amazing. That is about 1750 extra feet than 714Aberdeen's last big run.

Times 2 = 3500 feet.
Avg speed of 44fps takes about 79 extra seconds of flight time.

Getting close the battery's performance edge.

Thanks "G" ... getting close to the edge is right ... but that was my own stupid fault ... I SHOULD'VE noticed the speed headed down range and realized I hit bad air above a certain altitude and I SHOULD'VE bailed and headed back ... I SHOULD'VE noticed my battery level well before the turn around point and I SHOULD'VE bailed and HEADED BACK... really using this one as a learning experience of what NOT TO DO in the next few runs... Totally not worth $342.25 a mile for losing a V+ by not paying friggin attention!!!

LMC said:
Good job :lol:

Thanks bro... Still look at your name on Flytrex and remember the inspiration ... :mrgreen:

mede8er said:
WoooHoooo....can't wait to get out there Sunday with my new setup...

looking forward to it brother... The battery is crazy awesome... thanks for the hookup BIG TIME!!
Looks like we may have a bunch of people down there on Sunday... we'll see how many actually show up :?

Wally said:
Congrats!

Thankyou sir... much appreciated :D

Nice work DBS!

Cost of a replacement P2V+ should you fail $1300.
Having your name on the top of the flytrex distance scoreboard for P2V+ priceless.

DronePilot said:
Nice work DBS!

Cost of a replacement P2V+ should you fail $1300.
Having your name on the top of the flytrex distance scoreboard for P2V+ priceless.

Thanks pilot!!! (God I love that quote... can I frame that over my work bench? :lol:

EDITED VERSION

ItElite High Gain Panel Antennas..................................... $200
2.4Ghz Pro Series 1000mW Component Amplifier........... $150
5.8Ghz Sunhans 2000mW Amplifier................................ $75
6800mAh 12v Rechargeable Li-ion Power Cell................. $40
Transmitter mount tablet holder...................................... $39
Transmitter mount carbon fiber monitor bracket............. $20
Cost of a replacement P2V+ should you fail.................... $1300

Having your name on the top of the flytrex distance scoreboard for P2V+.... $ (priceless) $

VIDEO ALMOST DONE PROCESSING ... WILL BE UP ON THE TUBE WITHIN THE HOUR :ugeek:

VIDEO IS UP

I sped it up like crazy to keep it short... The whole 14:25 flight in 3:30 compressed

Now go ahead and relive my morning with me and make crappy comments about how ridiculously huge my antenna panel is... :lol:

(I don't care btw ... it's not for flying every day and it swaps out to the baby one with 2 mile range in minutes)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZF7hdorJY[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj