New Record for the FPVLR Stage 2

Reaction score
Decided to get out of my hole where I normally make distance runs (my house) and go 1/2 mile to my parents who live up on the hill a ways.

New personal best today with the FPVLR Stage 2 kit. 9071 feet. No mods on the bird, no amps/boosters and no WIFI apps !

I know this little girl has 10,000 in it.

Reactions: 808 Oahu Realtor
Wait wait... hold on a second here... :twisted:

Just a post?

No screenshots? No video? No fancy GPS mapping on google earth?!

Jesus man!! Get yourself together here... we need to see some DATA on this whole event or it's just a bunch of text with all the details left to our imagination... :twisted:

(You know i'm not doubting you bro... i just wanna see it !!!)

LOL, I knew I would hear about it from you.

Dashware rendering right now.

Video to follow.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    451 KB · Views: 995
And the video

[vimeo]106072430[/vimeo]

Well **** dude... considering where you took off and controlled from ... that was a crazy long flight :ugeek:
I wonder how far it would go with unobstructed field of view for the flight line... :?:

Where did you get the telemetry bar up top showing satellite count and pressure and temp? That looks pretty cool too :cool:

Reactions: Jan Erik
DBS said:
I wonder how far it would go with unobstructed field of view for the flight line... :?:

Well I guess the answer would be 9571 ! Getting ready to load up DashWare now for the new run.

DBS said:
Where did you get the telemetry bar up top showing satellite count and pressure and temp? That looks pretty cool too :cool:

I created the bar myself from another one. Added the Sat, temp and pressure. Need to look at run time as its not working. I can send you the bar so you can look at it/use it.

Impressive range for sure. If youre sharing your telemetry bar, love to try it out. How does it incorporate with the stock Vision app software, or does it at all?

Reactions: Jan Erik
zryall3 said:
Impressive range for sure. If youre sharing your telemetry bar, love to try it out. How does it incorporate with the stock Vision app software, or does it at all?

It really doesn't incorporate into the Vision app.

I am running a Flytrex core 2 logger that logs data. You can also do it with the Vision utility app that you purchase in your phone app store.

Then you need a program called Dashware that takes the data from the logger and overlays it on the video file from your Phantom.

Looks promising on a stock bird.
Still confused on how to use that data bar.
Its something you made yourself right ?
And were does it add on ? Afterwards when compiling the video ?

Very nice man. I want to test my limits here in Hawaii but we don't have endless cornfields so I'm not as brave as you to travel out that far. :)

I've gone close to 6000 ft over the ocean before I got scared and turned around.

ToThePoint said:
Still confused on how to use that data bar.
Its something you made yourself right ?
And were does it add on ? Afterwards when compiling the video ?

It's a Dashware Gauge... you must log Data somehow (flytrex or Utility Pro App)
Then import video and data file to Dashware program for video editing to merge the two files using Dashware Gauges to display the data over the video...

hawaiibyair said:
Very nice man. I want to test my limits here in Hawaii but we don't have endless cornfields

Yes I am pretty fortunate when it comes to that. My home is on the edge of the endless cornfields you are talking about. I think I am about at my limit for reach from home as I live in a low area. But within a mile I have public areas where I can stretch it out to the limits of whatever technology I am flying. I have one spot I am playing with that should be good for about 4 miles clear LOS and fields.

I really do not plan on boosters or large antennas so my goal is going to be breaking 10,000 feet and then 2 miles before I move on to something more interesting like "beach" filming.

Larry9901 said:
Nice distance run!
I'm looking forward to receiving my stage 2 kit.

I am sure you will enjoy it. Lots of punch is a small package.

Nice overlay.
Would be interesting to check the battery status.
Does Flytrrex log the battery data? If it does you could add a gauge.

I'm puzzled on the Deg data gauge. Is that temperature in Fahrenheit?
Is the sensor in the Flytrex module or is this a sensor located in all the Phantom Visions?

Luap said:
Nice overlay.
Would be interesting to check the battery status.
Does Flytrrex log the battery data? If it does you could add a gauge.

I'm puzzled on the Deg data gauge. Is that temperature in Fahrenheit?
Is the sensor in the Flytrex module or is this a sensor located in all the Phantom Visions?

No afraid it wont log battery data with the Core 2. The flytrex live does in fact log that but the live model does not work well in the US.

The temp is Fahrenheit. The Flytrex has its own barometric pressure sensor on the device.

Well is sucks when you miss your goal by 18' !

[vimeo]106336320[/vimeo]

LOL, to make things worse I went out and busted off a 10,xxx something. Just over 10,000. Apparently I set my distance limit to 9999 thinking I would never get there but the Phantom glided past that by make 100'

However, the flytrex stopped recording data 1 foot short of my 9999' distance limit. So only shows 9998 :evil: :evil: :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31