NEW RC Phantom 3 Standard Linking Question

Reaction score
Weird one here.... I got my drone in America and I live in Japan. My RC broke so I ordered a new one from a Japanese store. It's got a different model number. From America, it's the Model GL 358wA but the Japanese version is GL 390wA. When I try to bind the RC to the drone it won't work. I assume this is due to different radio frequencies from country to country? Looking for helpful insight guys, thanks!

Weird one here.... I got my drone in America and I live in Japan. My RC broke so I ordered a new one from a Japanese store. It's got a different model number. From America, it's the Model GL 358wA but the Japanese version is GL 390wA. When I try to bind the RC to the drone it won't work. I assume this is due to different radio frequencies from country to country? Looking for helpful insight guys, thanks!
I am not an expert by any means, but I am relatively sure that the GL390wA model is for the Japanese market only and uses 900mhz for the control link. The GL358wA is for outside Japan and is 5.8ghz for the control link.

I also believe that the P3S main boards for Japan have a 900mhz receiver while for outside Japan the main boards have a 5.8ghz receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
I am not an expert by any means, but I am relatively sure that the GL390wA model is for the Japanese market only and uses 900mhz for the control link. The GL358wA is for outside Japan and is 5.8ghz for the control link.

I also believe that the P3S main boards for Japan have a 900mhz receiver while for outside Japan the main boards have a 5.8ghz receiver.
Hii so what are the advantages or disadvantages of Japanese models?

Hii so what are the advantages or disadvantages of Japanese models?
I don't know the answer to your question about advantages / disadvantages but you WILL have to get a 900 mhz controller for your 900 mhz drone. I may be wrong but I don't believe you are allowed to fly a 5.8 ghz drone in Japan.

Can I purchase a upgraded controller, one that is compatible with my phantom 3 standard and that will allow me to OTG connect?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen