New quad

Reaction score
Hello i have a fc40 And i am very happy with it. But i am thinking about buying a New one. What are the pros And cons about the vision series And what camera? What is best for the price?

I'm not clear as to your question. You like your FC40 and you want to buy another FC40?

If you don't have a Hero camera and have no desire to buy one, then the Vision series would be the best choice. I am not real familiar with the vision series as I didn't know there was a choice of different cameras. I would by the latest vision model and if there is a choice of cameras, buy the highest resolution model.

I'm just trying to help since no one else has. :)

PhantomFanatic said:
I'm not clear as to your question. You like your FC40 and you want to buy another FC40?

If you don't have a Hero camera and have no desire to buy one, then the Vision series would be the best choice. I am not real familiar with the vision series as I didn't know there was a choice of different cameras. I would by the latest vision model and if there is a choice of cameras, buy the highest resolution model.

I'm just trying to help since no one else has. :)

My understanding is the FC40 is built on the Phantom 1 platform

It seems like the OP is asking if he should upgrade to the Phantom 2 vision - which is built (of course) on the phantom 2 platform.

Here's a link: http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/09/dji- ... sts-guide/

All that said - I would definitely upgrade if you can afford it - because the further away you get from the most recent platform - the less "update" love you get :)

If you want the best resolution and performance - I'd go with the Phantom 2 non-vision with a gopro - HOWEVER (and it's a big however) your costs go up with that as you don't get FPV for free and the best gopro's are not cheap...

From what I've read, it seems like the P2V is the cheapest P2 you can get that includes your camera and fpv through your phone using an app. The P2V+ has better quality video as well as gimbal control and a camera (not sure about the fpv setup), but the gimbal seems to be easy to break, and very expensive to replace. Then you have the base P2, which you can get for a couple hundred more than the fc40, and then you can add your own HD-2D/3D/4D gimbal and Gopro for what many will say, is the best quality video out of all the phantom series, but if you want to do fpv, you have to buy all that stuff extra. As an fc40 owner as well, I'd probably go with the base P2 and add my own stuff. Costs a little more, but it would be well worth it, and if you can't get the fpv setup at the moment due to financial hardships, you could always get some Velcro strips and put your fc40 camera on the phantom somewhere. :cool:

What i meant was that i was thinking about buying a vision 2. Dont Think i would sell my drone but get snorker in the collection.

It depends how much you want to spend, and how much you want to fiddle/assemble.
A Vision 2 is the cheapest, with a fixed camera. No assembly required.
The P2V+ is a few hundred dollars dearer because of the gimbal, which is well worth the money to me. No assembly required.
If you go the GoPro way, it'll cost you about the same as a P2V+, but without FPV or camera control. Some assembly required.
For a few hundred dollars more than the P2V+ you can go with the GoPro and third party FPV and camera control. Much assembly required.
I won't give prices because that depend where you live.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic