New PV, updates resulted in "not ready to fly"

Reaction score
Got my new Phantom Vision (first one flew away, will be looking for it with the new one at some point.) But this is about getting the new one ready to fly. I haven't even had the motors turning yet.

I connected to PT2 Assistant. Got a pop-up window at some point saying that I should update the RC to the latest version. A link showed to do that and I clicked on it. I realized that with my previous Vision, the RC was updated using the mini-USB inside the RC, but thought that maybe now an update could be done through the Phantom's connection. At any rate I didn't question when the software said "are you sure you want to update?".
I said "yes".
Now, the Phantom will not power up. Turning the battery on results in a beep repeating about 2 times per second, and the PT2 Assistant says I STILL need to update the firmware of the RC.
Any suggestions?

Download and install the RC assistant. Upgrade the RC from there and then check calibration while you're in there. Then in this order, power on the RC and then the P2V. Then try upgrading the P2V firmware through the PT2 software.

This may not be the solution, but it's just what I would try if she were mine. The RC, P2V and then the camera.

Sounds like a ESC beep code.

Good Luck!

onesNzeros said:
Download and install the RC assistant. Upgrade the RC from there and then check calibration while you're in there. Then in this order, power on the RC and then the P2V. Then try upgrading the P2V firmware through the PT2 software.

Sounds like a ESC beep code.

Good Luck!
That procedure is what I did yesterday after the attempted update resulted in the constant one-tone beep signal and front arm red lights flashing in sync with the beeps when I power up the Phantom.

Just to make sure, though, I did it all over again just now. Same results.. the Phantom will not power up properly and the PT2 Assistant says "must update controller" and "please connect to controller". Just for the heck of it, I opened up the RC again, connected it, and still get "please connect to controller".

Don't know... will call B and H tomorrow to see if they can help, and if not, then back to them it goes.

This happened to me some time ago with the second PV try this. delete the PT2 software completely If using widows make sure is not int he registry if so delete it. then reinstall and try again, if that don't work if you have a laptop install the software in the laptop and try again just don't upgrade see it will communicate with the software and the phantom. that is what did it for me.

Hope that works for ya

rfernandez said:
This happened to me some time ago with the second PV try this. delete the PT2 software completely If using widows make sure is not int he registry if so delete it. then reinstall and try again, if that don't work if you have a laptop install the software in the laptop and try again just don't upgrade see it will communicate with the software and the phantom. that is what did it for me.

Hope that works for ya
No, I don't believe that can possibly work. Here's why:

I've tried to make it clear but don't seem to be getting the point across that the Phantom will not power up properly. It has to get that far (with the 7 note rising tones that we've all come to know and love) before it can connect to anything, and it's not getting that far.

It DID get that far when I first powered it up, but after I connected to the PT2 software, it will no longer power up.

Then what you have is a mismatch when you did the upgrade. that is what i got. so i switched the laptop and was able to git it going. worst one to worst have the supplier send you a new RC.. never upgrade there has not been an upgrade and chances are there won't be one anytime soon.

rfernandez said:
Then what you have is a mismatch when you did the upgrade. that is what i got. so i switched the laptop and was able to git it going. worst one to worst have the supplier send you a new RC.. never upgrade there has not been an upgrade and chances are there won't be one anytime soon.
Well, that worked, or something did! Glad I listened to you even though I thought it would still not work. I'm back in business. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie