new props and motors installed. front flip take off :/

Reaction score
My front motor or motors seems to be getting less power than the back one, I have installed carbon fiber propellers (same size) the hubs were a good bit slimmer than the stock hubs are, I also installed the tiger motors direct fit phantom motor upgrades. I checked for the props to be spinning in the correct direction, and made sure two were pushers, two were pullers, etc.

Also my gimbal refuses to function properly, but that's another issue entirely. I am at wit's end. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Double check that when you put the top back on the shell that you didn't get it rotated 90 deg.

Assuming the top is on correctly, check that the motors are indeed rotating in the correct direction for their position.

I would suggest setting motor idle speed to Low in Naza assistant, and watch to make sure the props are spinning the right direction. If that's correct i suggest an advanced IMU calibration, and take off in GPS mode, not atti - experience I just had which caused a flip.

Reactions: Midwestquads
wezzix said:
I would suggest setting motor idle speed to Low in Naza assistant, and watch to make sure the props are spinning the right direction. If that's correct i suggest an advanced IMU calibration, and take off in GPS mode, not atti - experience I just had which caused a flip.

Agreed except taking off should be in ATTI mode, even the NAZA manual says so (page 34; FLY TEST section).
However with new Firmware V3.12, there seems to be less trouble in taking off in GPS mode.

if the props are all put on the wrong way.. the craft will do nothing .. because all the props are pointing downward, so it'll just try to plow into the ground.

if one side seems to be getting more power than the others, that might just mean that it's time for ICU calibration, and hopefully that will fix it.

do make sure all the props are on tight and secure as well.

Installing the props upside down will NOT reverse the thrust (i.e. 'drive the model into the ground'), it will just make them less efficient (I've been an aeromodeller for over 30 years, and this is a common misconception).

Harvey

HarveyC said:
Installing the props upside down will NOT reverse the thrust (i.e. 'drive the model into the ground'), it will just make them less efficient (I've been an aeromodeller for over 30 years, and this is a common misconception).

Harvey
I believe Gizmo3000 means that the clockwise props were installed on the counter clockwise motors and vise versa. Not up side down, so the air is pushed upward.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic