New prop different than old prop?

Reaction score
So I just got a new set of props says "Genuine P3 9540 Props Part #09"

So I noticed the Hub looks to be aluminum, the props that came on my P3P do not have aluminum hubs.
So what is up? Should I not mix and match or what?

Do not use them.

The props used by our P3's have composite hubs due to the aluminiums not locking on properly.

That is as far as I know and all the props I have ordered have always been the ones with composite hub.

Reactions: bobmyers
Found these in my p1 box today. Not sure how they got there. These are p3 props correct? I've never had any with the gold stripes.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442877881.729041.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442877894.994712.jpg

Active Braking, will not know which rotor blades you have applied.
This is on you...
DJI Forum|Phantom 2-Phantom 3 Propellers

Do not use those blades, they might have been mispackaged/wrong label applied.

RedHotPoker

Do not use them.

The props used by our P3's have composite hubs due to the aluminiums not locking on properly.

That is as far as I know and all the props I have ordered have always been the ones with composite hub.
+1

I left them at work so I can't check the hubs. They say composite on the label. The threaded part is silver but I have not removed them from the packaging and can't verify the aluminum statement I made earlier. I bet they are not aluminum. Finally got my 6mm DuBro balancing rod, we shall check them in the morning for aluminum and balance then fly them. Think I will switch all four to the new ones, the others have green stains from mowing the lawn with them. lol

I left them at work so I can't check the hubs. They say composite on the label. The threaded part is silver but I have not removed them from the packaging and can't verify the aluminum statement I made earlier. I bet they are not aluminum. Finally got my 6mm DuBro balancing rod, we shall check them in the morning for aluminum and balance then fly them. Think I will switch all four to the new ones, the others have green stains from mowing the lawn with them. lol
I saw a video on YouTube tonight that was saying not to use those props

Got a link to that video?
I have eight more, send me your address and I will send them to you. They were advertised as P3 props, but when I received them they had the aluminum hubs. So I just pitched them in the junk box-- still in the wrappers. I wont take the chance of them coming off. o_O

Now it's got me thinking... I've got 65 flights on the original props. I saw no reason to replace them yet but after watching that video I'm going to have to check the snugness of the tightening. Would hate to lose a prop in mid flight!

Now it's got me thinking... I've got 65 flights on the original props. I saw no reason to replace them yet but after watching that video I'm going to have to check the snugness of the tightening. Would hate to lose a prop in mid flight!
The Phantom 3 props are self tightening-- it has been stated here that that is the reason the motors double rev upon start up--

I don't believe you will have any trouble losing them, because the hubs are composite, not the metal like the ones for the P2. I did change mine last week, because I had about the same number of flights-- and they were somewhat quieter than the original 4,-- I have no idea why, because the originals still flew without any issues.

I have eight more, send me your address and I will send them to you. They were advertised as P3 props, but when I received them they had the aluminum hubs. So I just pitched them in the junk box-- still in the wrappers. I wont take the chance of them coming off. o_O

Did you get a PM? If not I'll send you one

The order was from Amazon and fulfilled by RotoLogic.com I contacted them and within a couple hours they had the right ones on the way along with a return envelope for the old props. The outer package had P3 on the label but the inner package had P2 written on them. I will send themback when I get the P3 props.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20