New pos update for phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem upgrading there phantom 3 pro controller to the newest update. I got the copter to update but the controller won't update no matter what I do. Anyone have any ideas

Are you doing the RC update through the app?

Reactions: JoBe
Controller can be updated only by DJI Go App.

richo328, which version of the firmware is installed on your remote controller now?

FYI, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Reactions: Sinisalo
U can only update RC through the app I THOUGHt? Anyways activated and updated fully my second p3p today and got stuck updating the RC the conventional way with a usb card reader plugged into back of RC no dice . So just went into app with RC on and find spot to update RC. Downloaded and updated in 5 minutes. New go app looks good with re arranged menus and ui

In go app with RC on
Aircraft status screen >overall status should read FIRMWARE REQUIEES UPGRADE >RC REQUIRES UPGRADE DOWNLOAD >install. ... Should work with updating additional and out of date batteries also

Last edited:
Just updated the RC through the app on Sunday and did the quad and three batteries last night with no issues. It was my first time and I thought it would be more trouble (I know it can be and expected it). Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

U can only update RC through the app I THOUGHt?
It depends on which version the OP currently has installed. If he is using a version older than 1.3.2, then he'll need to manually install that first. Or, he can just follow my detailed instructions above :)

This comes up but still says needs updat

Attachments

• 1458099474330.jpg
    1458099474330.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 384
Just wanna thank everyone for the info for some reason it was my note 5 that was causing the problem. I went out and bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy tab A and all is great. Firmware downloaded fast and am now up and running. Thanks again guys for all the great info

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik