New Pilot

Reaction score
Hi :cool:

I have been watching videos all week and poking through the forums trying to understand my new purchase before I get home on the weekend. Of course I got home late last night and it's really windy today, everything waterlogged, but managed to get out and try it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqt1x4zz0vg[/youtube]

Thought the crackly old music was appropriate!

Anyhow some questions I have not been able to find the answers to by searching:

• Is there a firmware update for the Wifi Extender? (I have done the controller & drone successfully).
  • Lost videos - I made three recordings this morning (could see them on my phone) but only two are on the SD card and none saved to my phone?
  • Video stabilization (editing) are there any free software options or is it Adobe or bust? and if so which are the recommended ones.
  • Top tips - any webpages with a collection/wiki with guidance?
  • Radar map solved!

Welcome!

1. Nope, nothing to do to the extender;

2. If you power down the aircraft without remembering to stop filming with the app then they will corrupt. You can recover all bar the last several seconds by powering up the aircraft again, wait for about 1 minute then shut down again. If you use a card reader and computer you should then be able to get them.

3. YouTube offers stabilization, but rather like the other "value for money" options it has difficulty compensating for the lens distortion and you get wobbly banana horizon syndrome. I personally don't use any post-stabilization and try to concentrate on getting smooth footage (calm winds help a lot). Once you have more experience you might consider switching to NAZAM mode and you can then use atti mode which will help as the aircraft won't be constantly moving in order to hold station as it does in GPS mode. Search on this forum first, though, and get some more flight time in standard mode.

4. Lots of tips around here, plus there is DJI's own wiki on their website. The forum search here isn't all that great, but use this link to search: https://cse.google.com/cse?q=+&cx=013095870582081932723:ew374af2o9i

Enjoy!

Simon thanks, I have already watched all of your videos in the week - I feel like a stalker! ;)

Yay! Another first successful flight. Go easy on the sticks when yawing, Vision is super responsive but you don't want folks asking for the flight attendant.

phpBB's search engines can be a bit elusive at first, but if you go back to the Vision Index and use the Search Box just above the first topic on the left side it will produce the most useful results, it's other Search Boxes not so much.

LeoS also has a Google Search Link programmed for PhantomPilots in his sig, just click his name, find one of his posts, and click the link in his sig.

Welcome to the fold!

iDrone (the Very)

Pull_Up said:
:shock:

Well if you're any good at stalking then call my mobile a couple of minutes before you knock on the front door and I'll get the kettle on! ;) ;)

If I met you on the street, I'd know you right away. That's a very distinctive coffee cup. :)

Pull_Up said:
Welcome!

2. If you power down the aircraft without remembering to stop filming with the app then they will corrupt. You can recover all bar the last several seconds by powering up the aircraft again, wait for about 1 minute then shut down again. If you use a card reader and computer you should then be able to get them.

Ahhh, so that's the reason! Thanks for that Pull_Up; I'd been having similar problems and was thinking of putting on my helmet and flak jacket and then asking the question on here myself ;-)

Peter Evans said:
Pull_Up said:
Welcome!

Ahhh, so that's the reason! Thanks for that Pull_Up; I'd been having similar problems and was thinking of putting on my helmet and flak jacket and then asking the question on here myself ;-)

:lol: Ok.......I saw what you did there. ;)

My rampage is over. Feel free to post as you wish. I will not leap out from the shrubbery and lambaste you. :lol:
The forest is now clear of the ogre.

And now...for something completely different-
Glad I read this because I did not know that shutting down the Phantom would corrupt the files. Makes sense though as the camera is powered by the same battery. See, reading is your friend.

Peter Evans said:
When I watched Seahorse's video, I swear I detected a definite whiff of napalm coming from the back of my monitor.

It smelt like victory

I can confirm that I too smelled victory yesterday... :twisted:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1