New pilot

Reaction score
I unboxed my pa3 today Nd I just love it so far

Took me a while to get setup and imu calibration

I flew a couple flights in beginner mode

i have some questions that I don't see in the manual or I overlooked in the excitement

Once I was airborne I quickly realized I don't know how to land

I brought it down slowly and it wanted to
Bounce back up

Now I'm confused as the control are supposed to be dual stick angle inward to kill engines
But for me it's straight down on the left stick

What if I push down on the left stick too far mid flight?

Engines off?

Also do I do a compass calibration before every single flight?
This establishes home correct?

Now I'm confused as the control are supposed to be dual stick angle inward to kill engines But for me it's straight down on the left stick
After landing, hold the left stick down for 3-5 seconds to shut down the motors. If you do a CSC (sticks cross to the bottom corners), your Phantom might tip over.

What if I push down on the left stick too far mid flight?
No. With the left stick in the full down position, your motors will only shut off after your Phantom stops descending for 3-5 seconds. Only a CSC will kill the motors instantly (yes, in the air too).

Also do I do a compass calibration before every single flight?
No. Check out this guide for best practices:
Compass Calibration, A Complete Primer | DJI Phantom Forum

This establishes home correct?
Yes. The DJI GO app will let you know when the home point has been marked. You'll also see it on the map. Do not take off until the home point has been marked. Otherwise, your Phantom will not know how to get back home if RTH is initialized during your flight.

Reactions: JRUSH311
What if you decended from 200-100 ft and hovered for 3-5 then full down on left stick will that kill the engines?

No. After the left stick is in the full down position, your motors will only shut off after your Phantom stops descending for 3-5 seconds.

What if you decended from 200-100 ft and hovered for 3-5 then full down on left stick will that kill the engines?
It's not clear if you have read the manual but some of what you've said suggested that you haven't.
Just in case you didn't realise, the manual isn't included in the box.
You have to go to Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI to download the manual.
Here's the relevant section for stopping the motors.

i-ZhRNmjb-L.jpg

I just bought a Phantom 3 , had all sorts of problem from day one, regret buying this, never flown too difficult instructions are not working, Had a gutfull. want to get rid of it!

I just bought a Phantom 3 , had all sorts of problem from day one, regret buying this, never flown too difficult instructions are not working, Had a gutfull. want to get rid of it!
Ask questions the P3 is one of the most advanced birds out there just about flys it self . So what's the problem ?

I found videos even more useful than RTFM. Especially the CMU calibration tips and firmware updating. I just searched youtube with any questions I had. Nary a problem from day one with the P3P except for a degree or two of gimbal level correction.

Reactions: Ti22

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4