New Pilot - Question about telemetry

Reaction score
Hi,
I am the proud owner of a Phantom 2 from DSLRPros :) But being a new pilot, I want to get some ours in, flying it without a gimbal/camera attached. The question I have is, will I still be able to get telemetry, without having a video stream from a camera?

Regards
Bob

If it has an OSD, I think you need something to generate an input video signal in order for it to overlay the telemetry info onto.
To this end, you can get any cheap video camera (car backup cams fit the bill here) to provide that, and still get some FPV and telemetry.
You just need to provide it power and take off the video, both of which can be done through the Zenmuse port.
Pins 3&4 are ground, pins 5&6 are power (battery voltage), and pin 7 is video gnd, pin 8 video signal.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-W...w-Reverse-Backup-Camera-CCD-NTSC/321495912023

Look on eBay for color monitors meant for back up cameras, monitors for DVD player, such as a headrest monitor. They are VERY cheap there, if you look enough. Most are 7" but there are larger ones available too.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I should have been clearer in my question.
I have all of the components I need; H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro, Video Tx and Rx, as this was all part of the kit. But what I wanted to do was remove the gimbal/camera and get some hours under my belt. As part of the learning process, I was wondering if the ODS Mini would send telemetry, without a video feed from a camera.
Anyway I think I'll keep it simple and just fly "naked" for now... :)

rcarlin said:
Thanks for all the replies. I think I should have been clearer in my question.
I have all of the components I need; H3-3D Gimbal, GoPro, Video Tx and Rx, as this was all part of the kit. But what I wanted to do was remove the gimbal/camera and get some hours under my belt. As part of the learning process, I was wondering if the ODS Mini would send telemetry, without a video feed from a camera.
Anyway I think I'll keep it simple and just fly "naked" for now... :)
Yes. I had exactly the same setup when I bought my Phantom but the GoPro Hero4 was backordered. I removed the gimbal to get some practice flying, and yes, the iOSD data came through loud and clear.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1