new pilot - p3p- only getting 1/4 mile?

Reaction score
is this normal? 1/4 mile and im getting choppy video and connection goes red?

this is in my neighborhood about 150 feet up , lots of trees, probably lots of wifi....

help?

Before asking for help, try flying in another area that's wide open with less interference. If you get considerably more distance, there's nothing wrong.

totally normal,,, fly higher and you need line of sight for better distance. Trees and wifi kill the signal. look into the windsurfer antenna booster

I can tell you that exact thing happened to me on my first P3P flight. I checked everything carefully after the flight and found that it came (I hadn't set anything) with the lightbridge channel set to Custom and CH 13 and that channel had a lot of interference. I changed it to CH 20, dropped the video to 4 Mbps (lowest) and I've been a half mile with zero video glitching or dropouts. So check your channel. Everyone in our neighborhood has a WiFi router so I suspect that was the source of the CH 13 interference.

Mike

Make sure both WIFI and BLUETOOTH are turned off on all devices you have near the transmitter. Just about everything runs on the same 2.4 GHZ band, and overlapping signals more or less jam each other. Actually turn off the radios, on but not being connected causes BT and WIFI to go to full power and scream looking for something to connect to.

Get outa town! I live in mountain country with vast stretches of open land. I have gone out as far as two to three miles...note4 in airplane mode and location turned on. For best film results learn to let machine fly itself in orbit mode or waypoint. Take your time and plan well!

Well I actually have a question about this. What is the maximum distance you can get with the P3P or P3A in the best conditions (no wifi interference). I'm getting about to the same 1/4 mi :(
ca5bd5491aeaca038af8926cf994f471.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen