Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Pilot Old Phantom Yorkshire UK

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by light360, May 26, 2014.

1. light360

I've wanted a Phantom for a long time and found a cheap one on ebay that I now have. Here is a video of my first outing. Props aren't balanced and there is no isolation mount or gimbal hence the jello. I've got a wire mount on order so hopefully this will help. Any advice on improving the video would be most welcome. I know it's not perfect and I want to learn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdaeLWX4dcw

2. 4wd

4wd

Very impressive for a first video!
    You could try the youtube stabiliser after uploading, I found it almost as good as adobe and let them do the slow job.

3. light360

Thanks didn't think of that. The jello thing bothers me, I must admit I was naive enough to think that everything would be nice and smooth out of the box. Research!

4. 4wd

4wd

Prop balancing may help, but you won't stop it completely especially when the motors work harder.
    Then you start looking at mounts with some isolation, then gimbals; caution advised, sometimes the challenge of getting something usable with an inexpensive basic set up is part of the fun.

5. light360

Cheers mate. Really appreciate your help. Great videos btw. Just seen your Youtube channel.

6. fly-catchers

Nice video :)
    Have you tried fitting the GoPro on the Phantom using its waterproof case rather than the supplied fixture? It helped me before I got a gimbal.
    My first rather average attempts!

https://vimeo.com/78001375

Trouble is, everytime you improve the image you start seeing other defects! Human nature I guess! I'm still not happy now :lol:

bill

7. light360

I did use the waterproof case because the Phantom fitting was not in the box. I've heard it helps so I guess I got lucky in being forced to use the waterproof case. I'm going to check your video out now.