New pilot, need help with video

VSR

Reaction score
Just got my first quad and have noticed that my video skills could really use some help. There is this fuzzy wave like effect that happens on most of my videos, and I don't know how to get rid of it. For the video I posted here I'm shooting in 2.7k at 24 fpm ISO 100 shutter 50. It was cloudy outside when I shot this, but this happens when it's sunny as well. Please help

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just got my first quad and have noticed that my video skills could really use some help. There is this fuzzy wave like effect that happens on most of my videos, and I don't know how to get rid of it. For the video I posted here I'm shooting in 2.7k at 24 fpm ISO 100 shutter 50. It was cloudy outside when I shot this, but this happens when it's sunny as well. Please help

It does not look that great. I notice it was uploaded at 720p. Can you upload it at the resolution at which it was shot? What software did you use to process it?

I didn't use any software to process. Just downloaded it from the DJI app to my iPhone, and uploaded it to YouTube from my phone. My phone said it was uploading in HD, not sure why it's in 720p.

Probably in 720 because that is what is selected in the Camera Settings. You can use the "Gear" icon on the camera pane (little window) to set the resolution, frame rate and file type of the video. Also, if in the photo mode you can set how still images are captured.

Reactions: flyboy73

Are you sure you aren't uploading the low quality video file that automatically gets saved in the app? You need to transfer the actual video file from the SD card to your phone or computer. In my case, I have an iPhone, and since I shoot in 2k, I cannot transfer the videos to the phone (you have to shoot in 1080p or lower). So I just transfer the files from the SD to my computer and upload from there. Obviously if you are shooting in 2k, your original file should look MUCH better than this.

Reactions: Pharm and flyboy73
Are you sure you aren't uploading the low quality video file that automatically gets saved in the app? You need to transfer the actual video file from the SD card to your phone or computer. In my case, I have an iPhone, and since I shoot in 2k, I cannot transfer the videos to the phone (you have to shoot in 1080p or lower). So I just transfer the files from the SD to my computer and upload from there. Obviously if you are shooting in 2k, your original file should look MUCH better than this.

This . . . .Basically as I found the app will record a low res preview of the video which will jump and even miss parts of the footage out, to get the proper video you need to plug your USB in to the gimbal and copy paste the video file over.

Everyone here is correct. What transfers to you phone is low resolution and poor bitrate. SD card should be how you transfer your files.

Reactions: flyboy73
Everyone here is correct. What transfers to you phone is low resolution and poor bitrate. SD card should be how you transfer your files.

I took the sd card out and installed into my laptop, 2.7k video was pretty choppy. I uploaded to YouTube and it looks ok. I also noticed when I put micro sd card into laptop it's a .mov file, when i put the same card into my phone its a mp4 file?

Also looking for an easy way to trim video either in Windows or Android. Not looking to make a movie just edit movie. Anything free to accomplish this?

Also not meaning to hijack thread just didn't want to start another post with nearly same problem.

Thanks everyone for the help! Downloading it to the computer definitely worked much better. Here's the same video, but done with your advice and it is night and day. When I watched it on my computer, it was choppy as mentioned by the previous person. But when I uploaded it to YouTube it was not. Any reason why this is? Again, thank you so much for the help!

Depending on the age of your computer and power of your processor it may not be up to the task of processing a 2.7K video. That is much, much better, but I notice it is now shown at 1080p, still short of 2.7K.

I believe it's showing in 1440p on YouTube, but I very well could be mistaken

You are correct. When I first played it the highest resolution available was 1080p. I have noticed that YouTube will put it online at a lower resolution initially, and in an hour or so they upgrade it to the version it was uploaded at. They may still upgrade it to 2.7K, if that is what it was loaded at.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic