New Pilot in North Texas

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Picked up my P4 about 20 days ago and I've been flying like a mad man. 380k feet of total distance over about 50 flights. Some as short as 100 feet and a few over 20k feet. I can't get enough. I am using a Nexus 7 (2013) which works really well.

As I have gotten more comfortable, I have flown farther and farther. Hitting a max of just over 10k feet distance. There have been a few struggles including keeping signal strength. IE...I would lose signal at 1500 but yet be able to make 10k if I fight though it. On a distance flight, I would drop at 2k, 3.5k, 5k, 7k...and so on.
This is when I found Phantompilots.com and a post by Davphys...

LONG, detailed review of extended range options

Because of that I purchased the ITelite (unboosted). The install took me about 25 mins and that was including having to reopen the controller when I miss ran the internal cables. Easy. All my flights since then have been much improved. Due to the obstacles close to where I fly I haven't really had an increase in range but the video feed and the ability to stay in control has gotten much better. I can't wait till I can get out to a really open area again.

Anyway, I am happy to be here and I excited about what I will learn from you guys.

Thanks!

Great choice Hammy, I have 3 birds and all have the itelite .

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Thanks! I will definitely be crawling though the forums looking for some good new info. I am still learning how to take show-able video and pictures so I don't have much of that yet. I'm sure I will soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl