New Phanton Flyer, long term RC Plane flyer

Reaction score
Hi

Just bought a used Phantom 2, and my reason for joining is to try and see if there are cheaper alternatives to the Zenmuse gimbol mount I can fit.

Been flying RC planes for many years but not heli's so this is a new adventure..

Hey Gav, your gonna luv it ;)

I fly a P2 with H3-3D (currently having the twitch problem with it), cant help with other gimbals as i havent looked myself yet ... although i did test a GLB gimbal on my P1 a year or 2 ago, was lovely but far too heavy for the P1 and reduced my usual 7 min flight to 5 mins, there are probably better/lighter ones around now.

Vid of GLB V3 here ...

Cheers.

I am pondering if I'd have been better buying a used P2 with a gimbal already fitted now I've seen how much a used Zenmuse sells for.

Silly question, if I attach a gimbal but don't feed it pitch data would it just stay in one position and stabilise the motion? I've servo simulators that can send a "fixed /constant" setting to the gimbol?

First plan is to take it out this weekend and try it with the camera just bolted to the non gimbal'd mount that's already on it.

I havent looked at the prices for the gimbals for a while, yeh you would have been better buying it already attached and test flown it, maybe you will buy another after playing around with this one some, happens to us all lol ive just bought a P2V+ just for the apps usage, still prefer my P2/H3-3D/GoPro setup tho ... apart from the twitch.

Yeh the gimbal should still work i would have thought, you only use the pitch for looking forward/down, most of my older videos is from fixed cam with no gimbal on my P1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20