New PhantomSqueaking/Chirping

I've had two Phantoms and neither one ever made that particular sound. But neither one has had prop guards installed, maybe your props are hitting them? Take the guards off, and see if the sound is gone.

It sounds like bad motor bearings.

Try spinning the props by hand, without the battery connected of course, and listen, you should be able to tell which one is bad.

In any case, a new Phantom shouldn't do that. Return it for a new one, before it locks up and crashes.

Sounds like what happen to another poster, he had found a "c" clip inside one of his motors after tearing it down. Since it's new, I'd return it.

Audaciter said:
It sounds like bad motor bearings.

Try spinning the props by hand, without the battery connected of course, and listen, you should be able to tell which one is bad.

In any case, a new Phantom shouldn't do that. Return it for a new one, before it locks up and crashes.

I removed the guards and still the noise persists, I believe that i have a bad motor, one feels rough when I spin the prop.

I removed the guards and still the noise persists, I believe that i have a bad motor, one feels rough when I spin the prop.

I don't doubt it at all. I had a motor go out after only
1 hour of flight time.
The DJI motors are kind of "hit or miss", some are okay, and some are not.

Found the issue, after installing four new motors the noise is gone. It is that great DJI quality control.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers