New Phantom X concept from DJI

It looks like it is aimed at the market of..... "I am not qualified or too scared to fly a standard drone." Or .. " I bought this like really cool flying selfie stick with these spinny things on it and it will follow me around when I go shopping! " or just for the family that wants to go to areas and get some good shots without the high end cost of a photographer.

It looks like it is aimed at the market of..... "I am not qualified or too scared to fly a standard drone." Or .. " I bought this like really cool flying selfie stick with these spinny things on it and it will follow me around when I go shopping! " or just for the family that wants to go to areas and get some good shots without the high end cost of a photographer.
And that's a REALLY BIG segment of society today. DJI knows where the pot of gold is located!

Like said in an earlier post, this reminds me very much of the Lilly Camera drone.

I wonder if when DJI releases these drones with collision avoidance if they also makes an external collision avoidance unit for the Phantom 3 and the Inspire 1? I guess not since they want the customers to buy a complete new drone instead, that gives them more money?

I also wonder if this drone will be able to replace the Phantom 3 Professional and the Inspire 1 with the X3 camera, or do they have functions that this drone doesn´t have and that is important to a photographer /videographer ?

Most here have no idea what manual mode is!
Well...Hoity toitty back at you. I'll have you know I read the Manual...Or Manual read it to me. I don't remember which. Not sure which mode he read though although I think it was the English one.

Well...Hoity toitty back at you. I'll have you know I read the Manual...Or Manual read it to me. I don't remember which. Not sure which mode he read though although I think it was the English one.
Yes, the auto manual mode read it to me.

Mine crashed but I think I might have pulled both joysticks back while in flight, my fault, my only other issue was updating firmware, didn't seem to work right.

Just saw this on DJI's Twitter feed ... interesting concepts being shown. First thing that came to my mind however was "how do you land that thing"? Retractable landing gear?

Yes, 1:33 shows small retracts going up. Not something you could use in tall grass, but pretty cool for specific needs of the many not wanting to learn the ins and outs etc. May be a good idea for the hobby though, with lots of limitations keeping the "challenged" out of dangerous situations/being ignorant. Cool concept.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj