New Phantom, won't start

Reaction score
Complete newbie here, and I'm sure this is basic, but been trying to solve all day and need some help.

Purchased Phantom 2 with GP3 and the Zenmuse H3-3D, installed by folks at B&H. Charged everything up, attached the GoPro and fired up the controller and then tried to start the Phantom. All I get, repeatedly, is all 4 green lights on battery lighting up, and if I hold button down long enough (2-3 seconds) the red light in the middle of the power button blinks for a few seconds, then the shuts down. I don't know what to do beyond this.

Any help for a complete beginner would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

gregneedham said:
Complete newbie here, and I'm sure this is basic, but been trying to solve all day and need some help.

Purchased Phantom 2 with GP3 and the Zenmuse H3-3D, installed by folks at B&H. Charged everything up, attached the GoPro and fired up the controller and then tried to start the Phantom. All I get, repeatedly, is all 4 green lights on battery lighting up, and if I hold button down long enough (2-3 seconds) the red light in the middle of the power button blinks for a few seconds, then the shuts down. I don't know what to do beyond this.

Greg

Press the battery once, let off, and hold down for about 2 seconds.
Bring the sticks to the inner most corners to start the motors.
Bring the sticks straight down for several seconds for the motors to turn off.

READ THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER!
Seriously :geek:

nintendrone64 said:
gregneedham said:

Greg

Press the battery once, let off, and hold down for about 2 seconds.
Bring the sticks to the inner most corners to start the motors.
Bring the sticks straight down for several seconds for the motors to turn off.

READ THE MANUAL BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER!
Seriously :geek:

Seriously read the manual and read a lot of the posts on here, or you are going to destroy your $2500 toy.

Thanks for the responses. I have read the manual, front to back, and have it in front of me. My immediate issue is that I have fully charged the batteries and can't get the Phantom to respond. Tried all three batteries, tested battery level, then held button for 2 seconds and nothing. Held button for 3-4 seconds and red LED blinks 10 times, then shuts off. No response from Phantom. It would appear, without knowing anymore, that the Phantom is not connecting to the battery at all. I have gone through the steps you listed above and followed the directions carefully. Controller charged, on, down position, but I don't have any response from the Phantom at all at this point. No powering up in any way. LEDs don't flash, gimble receives no power, etc.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for your help.

Try to power up the battery out of the Phantom. One press and then on 2nd press and hold. It should sequence the 4 green leds and stay on. The red led will also stay on. The timing is critical and if your getting the 10 flashes on the red led it missed the first press.

What was the operator error, I have just received my phantom and have exactly the same issue!!!! (Yes I have read the manual)

jinglyjangly said:
I don't know what Im doing wrong, it wont power up, its about to go in the bin

Insert battery -> Single press -> wait half-second -> hold down until green lights go left to right or when Phantom makes a sound.

Same thing to turn it off.

Cheers I do that but green lights all come on at the same time they go out after out 2 secs, then if I repress the button and keep it pressed after about 5 secs a flashing red light comes on for about 12/13 flashes and then the battery powers down, it does this outside of the phantom as well. Could it be the battery is duff?

I see whats meant to happen but mine doesn't work like that, does anybody know if all the green led's come on at the
same time what does that signify? they turn off after a couple of secs. Same in or out of the phantom 2
Just tried again once the green led's flash once left to right then the battery powered down again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik