New Phantom Won't Start. Flashing yellow only!!

I have the solution to the continuous flashing yellow and engines not starting. I just received my Phantom yesterday, went through the steps but was unable to start the engines even though everything was fine in the software. I updated the firmware to 3.14 and the software to 2.14, still nothing. I gave up expecting to need to return the unit. I decided to look through the dealers and found Atlanta Hobby's number. I called first thing Saturday morning and spoke with Tom. I didn't buy from Tom, yet he still spent a great deal of time with me discussing the issue. He told me that his techs have heard of an unorthodox solution. Power up the controller, plug Phantom into the battery and then connect to the software (here comes the fix) now give the Phantom a tap on the top of the unit. I then followed it up with an advanced calibration which took twice as long as the calibrations from the night before. I unplugged from software and disconnected and reconnected the battery to the Phantom and low and behold it worked. Buy all your goodies from Atlanta Hobby, Tom is the best.

Hi, I had my Phantom. I wanted to upgrade the Firmware. I plugged it into the computer and downloaded and upgraded the MC to 3.14 firmware. It all seem to go fine and then I did an advanced calibration. The Problem was after I unplugged it from the computer it was stuck in warm up mode. It kept blinking 4 yellow lights.

This is how I fixed it. I tapped it rather hard on the top 2-3 times and then redid the advanced calibration. After this calibration it started right up. It seem to "knock" it out of warm up mode.

I don't know how they came up with tapping the top or what it does to the phantom but it worked for me.

Thanks

This "smack it on the top" procedure also solved my Phantom's problem . . . which after the 3.14 update would constantly beep once a second after power up. Tx was calibrated and throttle off. Phantom would go through warm up, gps lock, establish home, all while continuing the beep-beep. Then when trying to start motors, 3 would start but the right front would not (looking from the rear).

Swapping ESC plugs on the NAZA (M1 for M2) had no effect, motor #1 still would not run. I figured for sure the ESC or motor was bad. BTW, this problem was intermittent, sometimes it would power up without the beeping and then all motors would start fine - - I was just afraid to fly it much that way for fear the motor would quit in flight.

But the smack it and advanced calibration seems to have fixed it!! Thanks much! Have to wonder if this proceedure would work on the wife . . . surely it must have other applications :D

bumper

Well darn. That didn't fix my Phantom's problem permanently. After one flight, it's up to the same old bad trick. On power up, it starts beeping once a second, so when if finishes with its pre-flight sequence only 3 motors will run.

However, I found that a moderate (not a hard) tap on the top will make it boot-up again, doing the welcome note "123456" and stopping the beeping. This is seeming to indicate that the problem is either a loose connection somewhere, perhaps even a bad solder joint of a SMD on the NAZA board.

Hopefully my dealer will get back to me with useful input as it's only two weeks old. I'll update this when it's fixed. In the interim, I've ordered a new ESC and motor.

bumper

This fix ( after a lot of other tests ) worked for me. My DJI was stuck in warm up mode (fast flashing yellows only) and the 3 hard taps things then an advanced calibration and I got to fly for the first time today. Sweeeeeet....

Having to bonk a brand new fresh from the box $700 phantom is not a good idea! It is sort of creating your first crash before even flying it! This issue has to be adressed by the manufacturers. And having to return parts on a new unit? Not good.

I agree. Not off to a good start. In the future am I going have to buy it a nice meal and bottle of wine to do what I need?

Well you don't have to make love to her. Just get her to fly! She can be a tease though!

This tapperhaps indicates a problem with the accelerator stuck after a crash or fall. Sometimes it is necessary to remove the Naza unit, tapping it several times, mostly to help.

I fixed the problem of steady beeping at power up and only 3 motors running - - LED sequence was normal. Replaced ESC and motor. Now all works properly. Dealer (Koozam) even issued me a credit for the parts I used . . . good of them.

Apparently there is a firmware or software issue with NAZA version 3.14 (which I have on my Phantom) or 3.16. So if your Phantom is working properly, I wouldn't update it until they get this sorted out.

bumper

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj