New Phantom Vision 2+ owner

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the quad copter scene. I have had mine for a week now and have flown it 6-7 flights with zero issues. That is what has me scared as I am so far into page 26 of the P2P+ forum, and frankly terrified of some of the stuff I hear about. I have many helicopters, from a 700 size down to the blade micros. I almost bought a Blade 350QX but the 2D gimbal turned me off. Then today I find that the GoPro camera has to be turned on before flight and no way to control it from the ground? I am very glad I didn't go that route. Again, Blade has excellent customer service, and I am hearing horror stories here about DJI. I have read all the manuals carefully, and according to the apps I have the latest firmware and such. The only calibration I have not performed is the IMU? The machine is in the Phantom mode, and I was shocked to see I could lay the TX down and it stays in place!! Try that on my 7HV and we are talking lots of money. having said all that, it is obviously extremely easy to fly and I am having a blast with the pictures and movies. Already spent additional money on a big external HD that I will surely need. Just wanted to say hello and I am very much enjoying this forum. Now maybe Santa will oblige with a 550 kit and on to learn the FPV stuff.

welcome!
i'm one of the newer P2V+ owners here. i went through the same process. DJI support has been great for me. i usually reach them through email, and they get back to me usually less than 24hrs but you got to count in the time difference ^_^
if you do the calibration that is mentioned in the manual, should be good enough.
this forum has been great place to get ideas & get some answers. but remember, usually people likes to post really bad or really good stuff so keep that in mind -_^

Welcome aboard, Jetlag.

I've had my P2V+ about a month and a half now, and I've done about 20 flights with zero issues so far. Been reading this forum a lot in order to learn about the pitfalls and how to do the mods. Phantom Pilots is a very useful resource.

i'm a newer PV2+ owner too... so far so good... can i ask you guys a question .... how far and the height you flew your bird? Have you tried hitting the max distance and altitude? Did you set your NAZA mode already? thanks

I too am a"newbee" I received my on 09/12/14 , I was able to fly for about 10 minutes as we had company and I truly don't like a audience in ton my first flight.However I did notice some drifting when I let off the sticks.The SD card didn't save the pictures I took either.All and all it is awesome. My day off is tomorrow but it is suppose to rain. Anyhow nice to meet you all! I hope we don't have to many serious problems. I have a Nano quad I practiced with before I bought my PV2+ and downloaded the manual months before I purchased my PV2+.

Mannyx said:
i'm a newer PV2+ owner too... so far so good... can i ask you guys a question .... how far and the height you flew your bird? Have you tried hitting the max distance and altitude? Did you set your NAZA mode already? thanks

You are truly missing out on some cool features. NAZA mode is nothing to be scared about. I switched mine to NAZA immediately before the maiden. Read this article http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

jetlag said:
Hello, I am new to the quad copter scene. I have had mine for a week now and have flown it 6-7 flights with zero issues. That is what has me scared as I am so far into page 26 of the P2P+ forum, and frankly terrified of some of the stuff I hear about. I have many helicopters, from a 700 size down to the blade micros. I almost bought a Blade 350QX but the 2D gimbal turned me off. Then today I find that the GoPro camera has to be turned on before flight and no way to control it from the ground? I am very glad I didn't go that route. Again, Blade has excellent customer service, and I am hearing horror stories here about DJI. I have read all the manuals carefully, and according to the apps I have the latest firmware and such. The only calibration I have not performed is the IMU? The machine is in the Phantom mode, and I was shocked to see I could lay the TX down and it stays in place!! Try that on my 7HV and we are talking lots of money. having said all that, it is obviously extremely easy to fly and I am having a blast with the pictures and movies. Already spent additional money on a big external HD that I will surely need. Just wanted to say hello and I am very much enjoying this forum. Now maybe Santa will oblige with a 550 kit and on to learn the FPV stuff.

Welcome to the world of the Vision Plus.

I have had about 90 odd flights with my Vision Plus and about the same with my modded FC40

How many stories on here can be attributed to pilot error, quite a few.

As long as you adhere to the pre flight checks and maintain your bird you should have a great time.
In saying that, nothing is perfect so if something does go wrong, talk to your dealer or contact DJI direct. DJI's customer service is improving all the time.

I believe that Naza mode should be implemented straight from the factory. One of the most useful functions I have found is the IOC. I have lost count of how many times I have
activated Home Loc because I have either lost site or orientation of my bird. However for this to be affective you have to have a home location before flying.

Enjoy your bird....

Bansheerider said:
Mannyx said:

You are truly missing out on some cool features. NAZA mode is nothing to be scared about. I switched mine to NAZA immediately before the maiden. Read this article http://www.pattayadays.com/2014/03/naza ... -2-vision/

thanks for the link..and thank you so much for your reply....

Mannyx said:
Bansheerider said:
Mannyx said:

thanks for the link..and thank you so much for your reply....

I flew today i change my landing gear to wide i adjust the position of my compass base on the original position, i change to NAZA mode,i did the settings in NAZA mode i did the calibration in the DJI vision assistance, i did the compass calibration... i got a good satellite signal...good to go.... i flew up to 300 meters altitude almost i cant see my bird only the LEDs blinking.... finished up to alarm the battery ...Lo batt... home lock? yes the bird go home then i land carefully... finished my day..HAPPY

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik