New Phantom + video issues-Help!

Reaction score
This is my first flight with my new Phantom +. My original vision never had this much jello or exposure shift.
This is stock out of box, calibrated and then flown. No firmware changes.

Watch and lemme know what you think.
http://vimeo.com/93072585

Thanks
Jeff

It does look like there is something off Jeff with the Jello. I think you have explained the issue with the exposure shift as the device being in Auto. That sounds about right. You would be best to keep a non-auto setting if a constant exposure is what you desire. But the jumpy video is another issue altogether. Can you see the gimbal moving as expected? I guess I am thinking that there could be two possibilities: mechanical or electronic. Perhaps its a poor memory card that only allows data to be written sporadically? That's just a guess. Do you have another SD card that you might try?

I can try another sd card for sure. I had the exposure and white balance both set on manual settings thats what worries me.
But the Jello is off the charts here in my opinion. If this is what I can expect. Maybe the + has to go back

Did you run the video through any editing software?

Maker sure all the dampers are secured and the two anti drop screws are also present.

Hi Everyone,

This does seem like a major issue, I received my P2V+ today and this is a segment of the first video out of the box.
Conditions were dry cloudy & calm <8mph winds and RH 86% All standard HD video settings on Auto.

<iframe width="1920" height="1080" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X_5Zl0f-idc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_5Zl0f-idc

Extreme jello and the jerky gimbal issue.

If anyone can help and/or give advice please let me know, I have contacted DJI and demanded a replacement and I in turn will update you on any reply.
On the definite plus side communication between 'Phone - R/C - and Craft is far better than the Vision, also the controllability of craft itself seems to be greatly improved with accurate flight and slow panning.

Many thanks

John

Caledonics.
Obviously we have exactly the same issue and it appears to be a pattern. Please post what you find out and how you went about a replacement. Walter(vision plus) will have to go back and Wally(original vision) will keep me company til Walters return.

Glad this is not the norm!

Jeff

I took a look at both videos. I think there's something wrong with both units, either a camera problem or gimbal problem or both. I would be VERY disappointed with both videos. Interesting, I did experience the exposure issue on a very similar video. A beach scene I shot here:

http://youtu.be/DO8i2AUU8NI

The exposure jumps start at about 1:20 , but are much more noticeable at about 1:40. It looks like similar conditions to your beach scene. But I'm not aware of experiencing the jello effect you're both seeing. Sorry to see it......I'd be bummed if it was mine.....may be on my next video it will be. :-(

Im having the same exact issue. The US dji customer support said it is a bad gimbal motor and to persue a replacement/exchange with dji sales. china. Sent them a email but have not heard back from them. Hope its not a multi week process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers