New Phantom Updates

Reaction score
Just received my Phantom Vision 2+ v3.0. What are the different items I want / need to update.
Some of the things that pop up on the forums are Firmware, DJI Vision, DJI Assistant, Batteries, (any I'm missing?) etc. Please help clarify. Also, is there a way to find out which version / update I currently have for these items. Thank you again for helping the new guys out.
Norm

Here's a good video on setting everything up out of the box:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

OK, I have downloaded v3.8 assistant, read the owners manual, watched the video.
USB cord from Phantom to Computer - Phantom On - Assistant opened - Window of assistant comes up as shown in information - But nothing happens. If I click on info it tells me I have the 3.8 installed. If I click on the Phantom box at the top, I get: Error, Please connect to the controller.
I get this message with either the Phantom or RC controller hooked up. Any advise, please!

The controller always needs to be powered on, and before the Phantom or you might have some serious results. Leave the props off while updating until you know what you're doing. Make sure the gimbal lock is removed as well anytime she's powered on. Or you can burn up the motor.

Good luck and safe flying.

Thanks for the reply, here's where I'm at:
Controller is on (no cord to computer).
Phantom connected to computer with USB cord.
Phantom turned on.
Assistant opened. (I get an opening screen that has a place for me to click 'skip' to get the assistant window to open)
Still no connection.
Norm

Assistant opened. (I get an opening screen that has a place for me to click 'skip' to get the assistant window to open)
That means your Phantom is not connected to the Phantom Assistant application.

Did you install the DJI driver? It's not required if you're using a Mac.

That means your Phantom is not connected to the Phantom Assistant application.

Did you install the DJI driver? It's not required if you're using a Mac.
Not sure how to do that, but I will give it a try. I am using a PC and it's odd that I never found anything instructing a driver download. Thanks

nporst, you can download it from the DJI download page. It's listed as "DJI WIN Driver Installer".

Last edited:
As I do this I get a Set Up Window (small) that says "Please power on MC and Connect to PC via USB and a choice of yes or no. What is the MC? Thanks

My thanks to both msinger and johnaunderwood
After a few hours of frustration, your advise was spot on. I received other replys but yours guided me through this and everything is working. I am ready for my first flight. One of the great things about the internet is when people take the time to help strangers, you guys are most kind.
Pat yourselves on the back, well done!

Food for thought, down the road, you may want to go into the Assistant after you have everything connected and running and then click on the 3.8 upgrade, even if it does not say you need to, this will download the latest version. I know that sounds confusing, but if you run into trouble, just keep it in mind. Same holds true for all the upgrades that your Assistant software shows. The compass calibration is really important, disregard the heating up warning and download or upgrade regardless, especially, if you just turned everything on.

My first flight was fun. Straight into a tree. Cost me $800 for a new camera.

Read read read. Once that's done, make sure you are in the biggest most open field you can find. Get a nice solid satellite lock and keep your baby close to home for several flights. Take it slow and you will be fine.

And remember trees are your drone's kryptonite.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic