New Phantom RC is dead

Did you get an RC replacement yet? or whole package replaced?

Reactions: Squirrel!
They require you ship yours back for repair or replacement. Few companies ship a replacement first then hope you return the defective item. The ones that do place a charge on your card in case the defective item never shows up. I think DJi was being reasonable in that case. Yes their excessive service times are a problem but 5-8 days seemed like a good deal.

You are correct but I think a BETTER way to handle this is to obtain the persons credit card info and OVERNIGHT them a replacement with a return shipping label so they can send back the bad one immediately at no cost. If the return is not received back within 30 days then charge the customer the full amount including the shipping.

But, that would be considered good customer service, something DJI is not known for.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
No, they stopped talking to me about it. So I ended up filing a paypal claim to refund for the entire package, extra battery and DJI care warranty I took out.

I see they cancelled the order of the battery but I haven't see the refund yet, I see a credit for the DJI care but nothing on the aircraft yet. I think they are still dinking around with not wanting to take that back for refund.

In our support group, if the customer has a DOA or failure of hardware in the first 30 days we issue an MRA for overnight replacement of the part period no questions ask. They have a PO on file or put one on file so if the bad part is not returned in 30 days they get charged.

So, you never flew the drone? I would fly it at least once to see how it handles. Also have seen a lot of posts about P4 not maintaining altitude in flight. Well, better get rid of it.

Nope no controller. I've sold my Chroma and XK380 and just pre-ordered the Yuneec H -

Having fun with my P3s birds..

Reactions: Squirrel!
Heard back from Paypal, DJI claims the controller is not dead I broke it. So now have to find someone to take it to and have them look at it and explain what is wrong with the controller for Paypal to continue to the claim. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

I have a spare RC from P3P, if you want to fly the P4 I can set it up for you to try.
I guess locally you can go to Drone Plus and have them look at it and give the tech impression. Other than that, back to DJI for a replacement RC.

Heard back from Paypal, DJI claims the controller is not dead I broke it. So now have to find someone to take it to and have them look at it and explain what is wrong with the controller for Paypal to continue to the claim. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Man what a cluster phuck, I feel for you!

So paypal refunded the $169 for the extra battery and $299 for the extended warranty. So far just down to the aircraft and I have a place that will write up the issue today and I'll forward to Paypal I hope by end of next week this is all over with or at least close to it.

All I can say is DJI has completely turned me against them for this issue.

Well, well.. Just got a call from DJI Supervisor to discuss the issue.Very apologetic. I explained what I was upset about, what I didn't like and that at this time the only thing I will agree to is a complete refund. It was approved, filling out the form and sending it in, she will email me back confirmation and shipping label and we are done at this point. On to the next new product. lol

Glad to here you resolved it. I've been following and wondering how it would turn out for ya.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Had this call happened back when I had the issue I would have been glad to resolve it so I kept the aircraft. In this case almost 2 weeks later not interested

We had a good chat about support and how they do things etc. I gave some advice for what it was worth. I'm just happy to put this behind me and continue with my next toy.

Reactions: launchpad26

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues