New Phantom RC is dead

All I can say right now is it sucks. Waiting for an answer that who knows how long it will take to figure out what to do may loose them a customer but we all know that really doesn't matter much, someone else will be there to purchase another one.

I know I'm certainly happy with both my P3S that I have.

Do you have another RC to get you in the air till the original RC gets sorted out?
What happens if you leave the original RC plugged in the charger for a long time? If it burns and in flames is proof is bad for DJI eggheads.

Oh yes I have 2 P3S to fly so not a loss here at all. Yea I was hoping to get this back to them so they can hear and see what its doing. I shot a video today and send it to them, they just can't feel how hot the lower part of the controller is where the battery sits.

What I'm afraid of is I'm not waiting forever to hear back. I'm already willing to pull the paypal return and get my money back and look at something else. I hope they understand I won't wait forever to hear back and sort it out.

I would do the PayPal right now and send it back. No point of waiting for DJI's incompetence.
Wait till Apple and B&H have them in stock and get it from there.
My RC from a not 3 months old P3P came apart and has pieces of plastic in the radio. Took the RC apart and fix it the best I could, DJI is notorious in stupid customer service.

I've got a few days to see how it works out and am very interested in how they react. So far not impressed and the few days won't hurt anything. If I do return it, I'm not sure I'd purchase another knowing what happens with support after the purchase.

I did do a video of the sound out of the controller, 19 hours and still going strong!

http://dpdurst.ipage.com/temp/rc_sound.mp4

Can you pair any RC from the 2 P3S and fly the P4 for fun?

Video link works fine here just downloaded it and saved it

I don't think so, I think you can pair the P3 Advanced because the controllers are the same as long as you have the firmware update.

You can try and pair my P3P RC to see how P4 flies if you want.
Looking to buy another RC from Inspire model C and pair it with my P3P to have HDMI out and longer range.

Sorry to hear you troubles. DJI has great products but the absolute worse customer service. Once again, they are a Chinese company and having done business in Asia for decades (including a lot in China) I can tell you they just don't understand post-sale service and why it is so critical. The fact they were selling their product through Apple I thought was a glimmer of hope because Apple does not want to partner or distribute any product that would result in customer dissatisfaction. Alas, DJI may prove me wrong.

In the future I would buy from Apple and NOT DJI direct. The sales tax is worth it.

Well, I hit the limit. I actually after a few emails thought we agreed to replace the entire phantom 4 package with a complete new one. Then the emails stop and no longer will they discuss.

I should not have had to deal with any of this, it should have been handled on the first call and a replacement sent out and MRA created to return the controller. But the only option they give is 2-3 week turnaround time for repair. Not going to happen in this case on brand new controller that was defective.

I'm done, I won't buy another DJI product, I'll enjoy the 2 P3S that I have. I have filed the paypal complaint for a full refund of the P4, Extra battery and DJI Care that was purchased.

On a side note, it took about 38 hours for the controller battery/capacitor to finally die and stop making the hissing/tone sound. lol

So all goes back and no replacement?
Why the emails stop and change of mind? My P3P has had no problems (except RC had a screw post broken and fix it myself), flew it 3mi one way and back all OK.
You don't even know how the drone flies...A lemon is a retarded orange...

In theory sending the controller back was 2-3 weeks, but they would put a rush on it so 5-7 days. Or I could exchange what I have for a complete new package. I opted for that, once I did they stopped responding and that's all it took. Done.

Maybe DJI stopped the emails since it understood a new complete P4 will be sent to you in exchange for the bad package. I had the same experience with an expensive tripod that came with a broken leg and after the email ping pong to exchange the tripod, all emails stopped like they never existed. New tripod came, sent back the bad one, never heard from them again.
There is another forum controlled by DJI with DJI reps as moderators, you could ask them for the complaint status, the new P4 may be shipped to you. Do not get PP involved unless you have checked all the options. Last resort is PP case dispute and can take a long time. If the other party makes a claim that they worked with you and an agreement was reached, PP will not refund the money.

At the end of the day, even if I had to take a replacement, I'd just sell it online. I'm not interested in owning another DJI product ever again.

Imagine this, its my fault it bricked because it was told to do the update by the software. They will do a return of the controller but 7-14 days to get one back to me. They won't take a return of the entire product because.... wait.. I bricked it... Waiting for a Manager to get on the phone buy they keep refusing so far
Jump on em' before the bugs are worked out and that's what Y' get. I'll wait at least a year

And in a year you could have the same popped capacitor issue so no win there other than you can either replace that part or replace the entire package where it was bought

None of this hardware issue is what pissed me off, its the way the whole support call or lack of it happened, the way it should have been resolved the first call and was not or even the fact that there no interest in wanting to get more information to see if there really was an issue. Heck resolving this on even the second would have been fine but 3 days later and not a peep out of anyone is what finally broke the straw.

Reactions: MrTommy
Maybe DJI stopped the emails since it understood a new complete P4 will be sent to you in exchange for the bad package. I had the same experience with an expensive tripod that came with a broken leg and after the email ping pong to exchange the tripod, all emails stopped like they never existed. New tripod came, sent back the bad one, never heard from them again.
There is another forum controlled by DJI with DJI reps as moderators, you could ask them for the complaint status, the new P4 may be shipped to you. Do not get PP involved unless you have checked all the options. Last resort is PP case dispute and can take a long time. If the other party makes a claim that they worked with you and an agreement was reached, PP will not refund the money.

If that was the case, then they should have been very clear Thurs Afternoon in a reply that they are issuing the MRA for the return as well as transferring over the DJI Care to the new aircraft and an email will be arriving in about 10 minutes with information on how to do that.

It's funny they can issue an MRA in support in 2 minutes and you have it if you want to send it in and wait the time. Again they drop the ball in support. Nothing in over 24 hours is too much if they planned to follow through.

Either way, I'm not terribly upset at this point, after an extra day and a half I've moved on from the issue and back to flying the P3's I have.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic