New Phantom RC is dead

Reaction score
New Phantom 4, completed all the updates to the aircraft and controller. The controller finished, said it was done went back to the DJI Go App then poof. Lights out, tone coming from it and no longer turns on. Ughh

Sounds like it blew a cap or something with the hissing tone its making.

On the phone with Support

Imagine this, its my fault it bricked because it was told to do the update by the software. They will do a return of the controller but 7-14 days to get one back to me. They won't take a return of the entire product because.... wait.. I bricked it... Waiting for a Manager to get on the phone buy they keep refusing so far

I'm waiting to buy from a US distributor, bhphoto likely, just for issues like this. Should make returns easier. Hopefully, DJI ca make this right for you in a timely fashion.

Reactions: MrTommy
HAHA the manager wouldn't answer the phone and let me go to voicemail. I just fired off a nice letter, thank god for paypal as I may just return it all and spend the money some place else. Its too bad I have 2 P3S that are rock solid.

What I find even more amusing is they could care less about how it happened or why or what might have caused it which as a support person we jump all over that stuff to see if there is a software bug or issue in specific conditions. At least I have another 7-14 days to wait now to fly it, if I even keep it at this point.

HAHA the manager wouldn't answer the phone and let me go to voicemail. I just fired off a nice letter, thank god for paypal as I may just return it all and spend the money some place else. Its too bad I have 2 P3S that are rock solid.

What I find even more amusing is they could care less about how it happened or why or what might have caused it which as a support person we jump all over that stuff to see if there is a software bug or issue in specific conditions. At least I have another 7-14 days to wait now to fly it, if I even keep it at this point.

Buy from Amazon or BH Photo. If you get something defective you just ship it back for a replacement or refund, no hassles. I would have thought folks would have this figured out by now

Buy from Amazon or BH Photo. If you get something defective you just ship it back for a replacement or refund, no hassles. I would have thought folks would have this figured out by now
Neither are selling the P4 right now. Other dealers are not allowed to order stock until March 23rd.

Reactions: JBJO
I can wait, B&H has great customer service.
Customer service that's specific to Phantoms? Like you can call them up anytime and they'll give you great technical support to help install firmware, etc.?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! yikes, sorry to hear it :( ,i got though the update without any issues, just got back from my first flight with P4.

all i can say is AMAZING! when you get your remote issue resolved, you will love it!

amazingly solid in flight, flew in 20+ MPH wind and was solid as a rock. felt like no wind at all.

Imagine this, its my fault it bricked because it was told to do the update by the software. They will do a return of the controller but 7-14 days to get one back to me. They won't take a return of the entire product because.... wait.. I bricked it... Waiting for a Manager to get on the phone buy they keep refusing so far
Never had a RC brick on me, I may be able to help. Where in Az are you located?

How did you update the controller? It should be through DJI Go app. Took 30 seconds to do mine.

Yep it went through the DJI app, to the controller with it plugged into the smart phone. Took about 30 seconds or so. When it was done I pressed the little blue button that said finished. Then back in the app it asked if I wanted to delete the file I said yes. Then back to the screen. Power off aircraft and controller, then power them on.

When the controller was powered on it flickered a few times on the lights, then they went out for good never to return back on. Now it just hisses like a cap is popped.

This morning I noticed DJI Support has closed the ticket and MRA is not valid now.. ugh..

Never had a RC brick on me, I may be able to help. Where in Az are you located?

Maricopa or Mesa where I work. I honestly don't think the controller is bricked. From the hissing sound it seems a Cap has popped and that is the issue. DJI says the controller is bricked. Honestly if I could by one for $99 like the P3 I'd just go do it at this point since I can't get them to understand the issue.

Customer service that's specific to Phantoms? Like you can call them up anytime and they'll give you great technical support to help install firmware, etc.?

Crap, DJI support is a joke right now. I work in support and if I had said some of the things what were said I'd be lucky to have a job.

1. You can tell they are new people there, they don't understand the product, don't listen and don't even try to troubleshoot.

2. Asking for someone higher up that knows the product they won't even do that.

3. The fact that there is just no concern on their part really gets under my skin. How do you support a product that you don't even try to troubleshoot the problem or understand it.

Not much faith right now in DJI

Finally might be getting somewhere. Shot some video of the issue for DJI along with pointing out the heat on the lower part of the controller and the hissing noise. Might be light at the end of the tunnel

Reactions: Squirrel!
I buy everything from b and h. I get it in one day

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Wow - new kit with problems?! Hi guys - waiting for my first bird to turn up.... just ordered from Apple UK. Taking in this site, watching you all chat etc. I am in the right place for sure. Hope Apple are good at after-sales?

sorry to hear about your problems azpilot61. This is why I bought my P3 from Bestbuy and my P4 from Apple, it is worth the $90 sales tax to be able to exchange in store. I think DJI products have been a little lacking in the quality control department lately but overall I am very happy with my P4.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl