New Phantom Pro 3 won't take firmware update - Help.

Reaction score
New phantom 3 out of the box, won't take a firmware update. The first time it went 10-15 min before failing, I cleared the card, redownloaded the software and it fails now in under a min. Suggestions?

Have you tried using the bird without it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, I have tired using without the update. I get a no signal error on the top in red with no video feed.

iPhone, 6s plus. Newest app on there. I've also checked the cables and they're pushed in as far as I can tell.

There seems to be a problem with the latest iOS updates not working with the phantom I think dji is on to it but not sure how long it's going to take what iOS you on? From memory I think it's 9.3 or 9.4 that's the issue

Reactions: Luis Costa
Im running 9.3.1, should I try an older version (assuming I can device with an older version)

Im running 9.3.1, should I try an older version (assuming I can device with an older version)

You can try, hopefully a techy picks up this post and can help you further, I'm also concerned because I have a new bird arriving with a new iPad I'll probably get the same problem.

I had this problem last week with a different new bird. I think I got it to take the update but the camera never ended up work, I ended up having to ship it to DJI, in the mean time I contacted the dealer I bought it from and they shipped me a replacement and this one doesn't work either.

Yep that's iOS then, I've been reading a lot of posts on it, maybe do a search on that topic in this forum, you will find the posts that I read.

Even thought it works just fine when calibrating the gimbal and those features?

There seems to be a problem with the latest iOS updates not working with the phantom I think dji is on to it but not sure how long it's going to take what iOS you on? From memory I think it's 9.3 or 9.4 that's the issue

Thanks a lot, man!
I was going nuts around here, after 6 months in the box, took the bird out for a spin and it would not connect, not update, nothing!
I was ready to give up and send it to DJI, when I saw this about the IOS.
Tried again with android, and it went smooth as ever before!

Thank you very much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4