Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New phantom pilots, I have 2 problems

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Help' started by C-Jay Quigley, Sep 17, 2015.

1. C-Jay Quigley

I just today got my Phantom 2 and I set it up and everything was fine but when I went to fly it, I tried to connect the Phantom 2 to my phone and it wasn't coming up on the Wi-Fi options

and the second problem is when I try to do the compass calibration it doesn't seem to work, I have done everything it says; I flicked the switch 6 times, when the light turned yellow, I rotated it 360o then it turned green so I faced the Phantom down and rotated it 360o again but then it starts flashing yellow which according to the card means ready to fly w/o GPS

2. noiseboy72

Can't help on the Wifi, as I have a P2 with analogue video link, but sounds like you have the compass dance wrong.

I hold the Phantom flat level - in take off position, and turn my whole body through one and a half turns, then hold the ' bird with the top towards me - so the legs point away, and turn around one and half times again. This works every time in my experience.

3. kenjancef

Is it a Phantom 2, or is is a Phantom 2 Vision/Vision+? That's a huge difference when talking Wi-Fi.

Not sure about Compass. Isn't it 5 times? If so, does an extra click matter?

4. jason

Jay you cannot use wifi as it uses the same frequency 2.4Ghz as your Phantom 2 non vision.

Are you calibrating the compass outside or indoors?? Reread page 23 of the user manual again.
    http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.4_en.pdf