New Phantom pilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just purchased a P3 Standard yesterday. I'll be looking for places to fly as I live 2 miles from a small muni airport. Hope to see some locals out buzzing around.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum.

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy.

I just joined the Phantom Pilots forum and am interested in purchasing my first drone. I've been a licensed pilot and flight instructor for many years, but want to learn more about drone flying. I do plan to get a DJI Phantom as my first drone and am looking at a model 3 4K. Any help would be appreciated?

@topilot, welcome to the forum! How can we help you?

I just joined the Phantom Pilots forum and am interested in purchasing my first drone. I've been a licensed pilot and flight instructor for many years, but want to learn more about drone flying. I do plan to get a DJI Phantom as my first drone and am looking at a model 3 4K. Any help would be appreciated?

Hi,

The first thing to do would be to decide what you want to do with it.

ie Just fly / take 4K video etc. Consider portability as well. Small = Mavic P3 = Medium size

I estimate it will take you a good week of four hours per day to understand the 'what not to do's' and the 'what to do's' and to choose your UAV. So, the first stage is research any rules and regs., and then research on your chosen UAV.

Once you have decided which model would suit your purposes then buy and learn to fly it. Its not as easy as it looks if you plan to do everything correctly and not crash.

Once you have your UAV take things nice and easy and learn the functions - just as in real flying.

You might have heard about 'Flyaways'. Out of all of them a tiny percentage is due to equipment failure. Its usually pilot error.

One good tip is to have a pre flight checklist attached to your Tx - and you go through it before taking off.

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question.

Regarding range. A P3 standard has less range than the others.

See :-

Lightbridge vs WIFI for control | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Good luck.

Last edited:
I have a 3 4k, and love it. No problems at all. All though it is Wi-Fi and not light bridge , it works great. Two great points I think are, updated controller, and if and when I update firmware, it is done on dji go app.
I have never removed my memory card since I got my drone. Check the differences on the two controllers, the upgraded 3 4k is much better in my eyes. Good luck

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to the forum.

If you have any questions try doing a search first by clicking the magnifying glass top right. You might find your question has already been asked and it will save you a lot of time. If you can’t find an answer, then just post the question. We are only to happy to help.

Enjoy.
Thank you! I have been enjoying just searching the forum.

I have a 3 4k, and love it. No problems at all. All though it is Wi-Fi and not light bridge , it works great. Two great points I think are, updated controller, and if and when I update firmware, it is done on dji go app.
I have never removed my memory card since I got my drone. Check the differences on the two controllers, the upgraded 3 4k is much better in my eyes. Good luck
Thanks for input

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20