New phantom Owner

Reaction score
HI all,

Just joined here after looking around for a bit and it looks like a great place to be. I just got my phantom yesterday and have spent last night and this evening setting it all up and wondered what people think of how I have done it. I really don't like leads running everywhere so I have tried to keep it all as clean as possible. I also wanted to be able to remove the gymbal/vTX/iOSD without having to take the whole thing apart, hence the osd and vTX are stuck on with hook and loop tape (Velcro). The reason is this is my first phantom, so I want to put the prop guards on it first and get used to it before attaching it all back on.

I'm interested to know if anyone can see any issues with the way I have it setup or any ideas to improve it, um already thinking I need to put some braiding on the wires to make it look good. I also fitted the anti interference board inside under the two screws, I didnt mount the iOSD internally as I wanted to be able to get to the usb port for updates with ease as well as being removable.

Attachments

• IMG_20150114_204216.jpg
    IMG_20150114_204216.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 500
  • IMG_20150114_204258.jpg
    IMG_20150114_204258.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 494
  • IMG_20150114_204744.jpg
    IMG_20150114_204744.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 513
Hey welcome :)

I agree with Geert - looks really neat. I might only suggest a ziptie for the iOSD mini as a failsafe around the leg. I see you're using tape? - but depending on humidity etc etc it might give way.

Anyway - I might be over-thinking it - but looks good :)

Thanks Guys,

I wanted to keep it as neat as possible as well as keeping it so I can remove things with ease so I can learn to fly it without first, and or when something breaks. Agree with the zip tie idea on the iOSD, will add one to keep it secure.

Just a quick question though. does everyone's H3-3D sit at a 45 degree angle on start up? mine does but other then that works fine from the transmitter.

nfz300zx said:
Thanks Guys,

I wanted to keep it as neat as possible as well as keeping it so I can remove things with ease so I can learn to fly it without first, and or when something breaks. Agree with the zip tie idea on the iOSD, will add one to keep it secure.

Just a quick question though. does everyone's H3-3D sit at a 45 degree angle on start up? mine does but other then that works fine from the transmitter.

Id definitely zip tie for extra insurance.

And yes, the 45 degree tilt is normal with the new firmware.

nfz300zx said:
HI all,

I really don't like leads running everywhere so I have tried to keep it all as clean as possible.
Naaa, Ya have to have the junk all over so if it lands in someone's yard they will think it is from outer space and leave it alone. :)
Seriously, yours look very good. Welcome to Phantom Pilots. Where is the tracker?

Attachments

• 100_0183.JPG
    100_0183.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 338

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd