New Phantom, never flew yet, got big question

Reaction score
In the get started DJI video, Colin says to turn the throttle down before inserting battery, but my throttle returns to center. But in the video Colin's stick stays pointed down. I am afraid to plugin the battery with my stick in the middle and the copter takes off to the moon. :eek: Please help this very new green guy so I can start having fun. Also would anyone recommend plugging into the PC (software) to make sure that all is properly calibrated first or is it not necessary at this point? Thanks for you help. Please share any other pre flight first flight tips.

Don't be concerned with your controller being spring loaded. You have a newer version of the phantom than the one Colin demonstrated. Just be sure you're in GPS mode and that you wait for satellite acquisition before initializing the motors. When you increase the throttle, the phantom will rise. When you let go of the stick and it returns to center, the 'bird' will hover where you left it.

Also, do the compass dance first, since your location is probably far from the factory. :)

Personally, I DID hook up my phantom to the software before its first flight; but I'm a tinkerer (engineer by trade). Keep in mind that if yours requires a firmware update, your controller type might get reset. You may have to change it in the software (I ran in to that).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav