New Phantom model

Reaction score
Hi all. I was at the Broadcast Video Exhibition in London last week and I was massively surprised with the amount Quads on offer for the first time at the show. There was a DJI stand, and I managed to engage in some conversation with a salesman, I even managed to sell a unit for them to someone interested.
However, he told me there was a new model expected the first quarter of this year (October) but couldn't tell me what would be new. Does anyone know what the new one will feature???
Paul

PAULMGIBSON said:
Hi all. I was at the Broadcast Video Exhibition in London last week and I was massively surprised with the amount Quads on offer for the first time at the show. There was a DJI stand, and I managed to engage in some conversation with a salesman, I even managed to sell a unit for them to someone interested.
However, he told me there was a new model expected the first quarter of this year (October) but couldn't tell me what would be new. Does anyone know what the new one will feature???
Paul

Check out the new Phantom Vision right here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=372

Attachments

• gI_83632_Phantom_Vision_6.jpg
    gI_83632_Phantom_Vision_6.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 5,638
Wow!!! Now that looks alot more expensive than the original.

FangsCPO said:
Wow!!! Now that looks alot more expensive than the original.

Well, the only difference seems to be the camera & mount. Maybe there is new firmware to support all the functionality they mention in the article.

It looks like they copied the design of the isolation mount from the one "VGE" is selling at a ridiculous price on ebay... which would serve VGE right for selling simple add-ons for such exorbitant amounts, for example the white LED headlight and the cheap 3M tape with SMDs.

Sac D said:
It looks like they copied the design of the isolation mount from the one "VGE" is selling at a ridiculous price on ebay... which would serve VGE right for selling simple add-ons for such exorbitant amounts, for example the white LED headlight and the cheap 3M tape with SMDs.

It's a very common mount design used by a number of vendors.
you can almost build your own if you find the rubber items and have access to a laser cutter.
But for many,. spending $25 to have a pre-made one makes sense.

The new Phantom will also have some electronics inside to connect to the iOS device

Gizmo3000 said:
Sac D said:
It's a very common mount design used by a number of vendors.
you can almost build your own if you find the rubber items and have access to a laser cutter.
But for many,. spending $25 to have a pre-made one makes sense.

I agree with you. After all, you just spent $670 on a phantom, what's $25 more.

PostalProductions said:
Does anyone know where to find the rubber grommets they use to isolate from vibration?
Atlanta Hobby has them also. Just got a PAC of 4 in yesterday.

E

Edit: oops, I answered a very old post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Vision model will shift Rc Controller to 5.8 GHz and Camera to 2.4 Ghz. So your Phantom Rc Controller will not work with the Vision. Also all the PFV systems using 5.8 GHz will be of little use and will cause flight controller issues, similar to the Wi-Fi with the Go Pro Hero 3 on the Phantom now. It will have a bigger battery that slides in, killing dual battery rigging. Camera will have Wi-Fi with Apple products at first release, a later update will allow Android. You do have camera adjustments and setting control over the Wi-Fi.
Phantom 2 is to follow a similar 5.8 GHz Rc Controller path. A wider wing span, bigger props and bigger battery.

I'm very keen to buy a Phantom Vision when it's released. Early details sound awesome! Looking forward for it!

anybody know if there will be the possibility of a gimbal / gopro integration or are we married to the factory camera with no gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj