New Phantom in the river...

• Thread starter Deleted member 19326
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 19326

Hi to all. i'm not sure why i am going to ask this question since i am almost sure about the answer.

Anyway just 10 days before i bought my new Pantom 2 with the zenmuse H3-3D and after 2 or 3 rides i decided to take to take it for a fly next to Thames river...
So it was ready to fly it took of and immediately after that it started going right by itself but with full velocity. It was also going down and i was not even touching the transmitter.
So for result the Phantom is swimming along with the Gopro in Thames.

Is there any possibility to get a single penny back?

If you recover it, there may be some salvageable parts since it was not salt water. There have been a few ones recovered and dried out to work again. The images on the sd card can probably be recovered but the camera is toast.
I doubt that any dealer will give you a refund if you do not recover the bird. If you complain loudly, DJI might offer a discount on a new purchase.

I don't think i will be able to recover anything since the Phantom is in the bottom of the river! I'll try to complain to DJI anf i hope for the best.

Hi to all. i'm not sure why i am going to ask this question since i am almost sure about the answer.

Anyway just 10 days before i bought my new Pantom 2 with the zenmuse H3-3D and after 2 or 3 rides i decided to take to take it for a fly next to Thames river...
So it was ready to fly it took of and immediately after that it started going right by itself but with full velocity. It was also going down and i was not even touching the transmitter.

Did you do a compass calibration and also wait to have home lock and gps before flying it?

I hope you didn't make some error like the one in your post, i.e. it was supposed to be 10 days AFTER you bought your new phantom...

Sorry to hear about your loss. As someone who has also lost their Phantom to water under mysterious circumstances, I know how you feel. :(

I'll try to complain to DJI and i hope for the best.

Your Phantom is more likely to rise out of the Thames than you are to get a response out of DJI Customer Support. I've been waiting 3 weeks and have all but given up.

Not really i did the same things as i did every time! Every time i had a nice flying Phantom except this...

My very first Phantom landed in a river too. GoPro was gone every time turned on got hot.
Interestingly the gimbal survived and it is operational even now.
The following day I went to the dealer and bought another Phantom, only the unit without transmitter.

phantomi said:

I hope you didn't make some error like the one in your post, i.e. it was supposed to be 10 days AFTER you bought your new phantom...

A smiley face should have been there as that sounded rude.

I am very sorry for your loss. But, welcome to the forum.

PhantomFanatic said:
phantomi said:

A smiley face should have been there as that sounded rude.

I am very sorry for your loss. But, welcome to the forum.
You're right, it indeed did not reflect my feeling and it sounded rude. :oops:

No wifi was off! I had flown it for a few times in the same spot as it is next to my house! I don't know what happened yesterday!

I've submerged mine once before (my own fault) luckily it was a shallow river with people right beside where it went it. It spent all of 1 minute in the water before being taken out. After a couple days drying out in a case with desiccant everything still worked, even the GoPro. That was 5 months ago now and I've done 40-50 flights since then too, so there is hope for freshwater "landings".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20