New Phantom. Got a returned unit, and have old motors. Help.

This would be my feelings as well.. open box is open box and should be considered as such when selling.. The last guy may have opened it and dropped it, or something else that could have damaged something.. I expect to cut the seals on mine when it gets here tomorrow

Did you get a Pro? I am curious which motors you get...

With all the fuss and fear in the forums around new/old motors, there must be a lot of returned item P3s out there.
The one that started this thread still had the plastic wrap on the controller and props so it hadn't been flown.
Either the buyers are demanding to see the motors in the store or are getting home, opening up and returning.

If you could get a good discount it would probably be a good buy.

One does not need to open the box to know if it has new motors or not. The model number is on a sticker on the box.

You are 100% guaranteed to develop cracks with the old motors. Return it immediately, tell them you received a used item and you paid for new. They may offer a discount refund. It's up to you to decide. Weather you receive a new motor is a different question. You are guaranteed new motor (and 100% guaranteed no cracks) if you purchase directly from DJI.
You sir need to go away. You have succeeded in completely marginalizing yourself. That is the most irresponsible garbage I have read on this forum yet. Your input serves no positive purpose at all.

Ordered new P3 from Best buy last week. About 7 flights in and I had stress cracking on 2 arms from motor screw to shell screw. This unit had the new motors on it. Returned tonight to BB and the only units they had were the old style motors. Oh well i will fly this bad boy hard until my return deadline of 1/15. Just upgraded the firmware in both controller and P3. We will see how it goes. Glad i ended up buying this from BB.

With all the fuss and fear in the forums around new/old motors, there must be a lot of returned item P3s out there.
The one that started this thread still had the plastic wrap on the controller and props so it hadn't been flown.
Either the buyers are demanding to see the motors in the store or are getting home, opening up and returning.

If you could get a good discount it would probably be a good buy.
This would be my feelings as well.. open box is open box and should be considered as such when selling.. The last guy may have opened it and dropped it, or something else that could have damaged something.. I expect to cut the seals on mine when it gets here tomorrow
Nope. No discount. They sold it as "New". That just seems to be dishonesty on their side. But they quickly acknowledged their error, and agreed to swap the one I have with a new one. They even gave me a prepaid label. And note: The pastic wrap is ripped on the controller, and it is not sticking. So that indicates they at least took off the wrap. And they tried to put it back on before they returned it. But I can't drive to the nearest UPS store, and schedule a pickup costs $10. Guess I will have to wait till Weekends.

You are 100% guaranteed to develop cracks with the old motors.
You've been admonished before to quit posting crap like this, most recently by me. This is more baseless garbage that can mislead uninformed members of the community here, why don't you cut it out.

if your box does not have the sticker and you really don't want to open it you could call dji tech support and tell them your serial number and ask if it has the new or old motors. The model number is for sure on the body of the Phantom though if you do decide to open it.

DJI Tech Support Phone numbers

My box doesn't have that sticker...so far I can not find model number on it...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449163536.951084.jpg

Here you go. I found the picture in another thread. It is not on the sticker with the serial code. It is a separate sticker.

Ordered new P3 from Best buy last week. About 7 flights in and I had stress cracking on 2 arms from motor screw to shell screw. This unit had the new motors on it. Returned tonight to BB and the only units they had were the old style motors. Oh well i will fly this bad boy hard until my return deadline of 1/15. Just upgraded the firmware in both controller and P3. We will see how it goes. Glad i ended up buying this from BB.
Can you post pics of the "New" motors? I ordered 2 units through bestbuy online and both were old motors. I returned the advanced model without flying it because of the black friday announcement and I exchanged the pro that I ordered online and was shipped to me. Both the P3A and P3P that were shipped were old style motors. The one I exchanged it for in store was the new motors model. Also before the black friday sale I went in store to see what type of stock they had and asked an employee to take a picture of the model number while he was already up on the stairs getting another customer's order down. It was also the new model. Also the bestbuy employees dont know a dang thing about new or old motors. Check my post about how to tell which are the new motors by model number, post #42 of this thread. In short if you are buying the P3P and it says W323A on the box then it is the new motors.

I now have the one with old motors and i will see how it goes. I have until Jan 15 to decide. Already if this one i have with old motors heats up battery more and motors get hotter i will exchange it

well that is odd that both times i ordered online I got old style but they had new style in stock. Oh well I hope you can find what you want using the model number information I provided.

yeah, that was the big draw for me to buy from bestbuy since they are doing extended return period. Also it is nice that if I keep having problems with cell 1 in my battery I can just go exchange it before Jan 15th

The First one with new motors cracked in 2 of the arms i just want a unit that will last considering the investment. I really like everything about the purchase otherwise!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20