New Phantom. Got a returned unit, and have old motors. Help.

You are 100% guaranteed to develop cracks with the old motors. Return it immediately, tell them you received a used item and you paid for new. They may offer a discount refund. It's up to you to decide. Weather you receive a new motor is a different question. You are guaranteed new motor (and 100% guaranteed no cracks) if you purchase directly from DJI.
You are joking right? Where do you get your numbers from? o_O
Please do not spread dis-information on the forum.

You are 100% guaranteed to develop cracks with the old motors. Return it immediately, tell them you received a used item and you paid for new. They may offer a discount refund. It's up to you to decide. Weather you receive a new motor is a different question. You are guaranteed new motor (and 100% guaranteed no cracks) if you purchase directly from DJI.
This is complete garbage and it's irresponsible of you to make such assertions in the forum.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are joking right? Where do you get your numbers from? o_O
Please do not spread dis-information on the forum.
Yeah. '100%' seems to be completely inaccurate. Even if the new design improved the old design, you still can't say if you buy it from DJI, you will be guaranteed no cracks, and all will be fine. And I am sure a lot of people who have the old motor have no problems at all. So that is false as well.

Last edited:
OK, Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Even though the motors don't seem to matter too much(Even if what is said is true, only 1 minute difference). I do want to get one that is not previously opened. And hopefully, it will arrive on time for my vacation. They are closed now, so I'll just give them a call tomorrow morning, or afternoon. I will report back on what happens next. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Oso
My RC firmware was 1.2.6....camera didn't show in app until upgrade....I got an old one I think...

Regardless of your feelings about the "crack conspiracy", if you didn't order an "Open Box" item at discount but instead ordered one that said it is *new* then that's what you should get and returning it is appropriate at their expense...

Returning it because you think it might develop cracks but is otherwise a brand new unopened unboxed unit is an entirely different situation... and more of a personal choice regardless of what others say.... if you really never want to possibly suffer any cracks or other issues then don't buy a quad...

Great. I never saw it on official DJI site. If the above is correct, why would any one buy P3 with old motors? This is called digging your grave yourself.

Their are many of us flying with the "Old" motors and old shells. I've been flying my Pro since July.......no motor issues and no shell issues

Regardless of your feelings about the "crack conspiracy", if you didn't order an "Open Box" item at discount but instead ordered one that said it is *new* then that's what you should get and returning it is appropriate at their expense...

This is my thoughts. You bought new it should be sealed brand new.

I received mine a few days ago and had to cut the 2 plastic circle sticker seals on the box to open.

Hey man, you are already known around here for spreading complete nonsense. It didn't take you long to destroy your reputation, so most of us know to shake our heads and ignore you. The problem is that we will soon have many new members who may not know that you are intentionally spreading incorrect information. We can't track your every movement to correct your disinformation, so hopefully asking you to just stop it will help some. Please just stop it.

OK, Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Even though the motors don't seem to matter too much(Even if what is said is true, only 1 minute difference). I do want to get one that is not previously opened. And hopefully, it will arrive on time for my vacation. They are closed now, so I'll just give them a call tomorrow morning, or afternoon. I will report back on what happens next. Thanks everyone.
This is a good example of looking past the noise, and making a decision based on facts. I agree with you on this one. The motors don't matter much, but I would also want a new unopened item if that is what I paid to have delivered. Good luck sir.

I just called this morning. And they have gave me a prepaid shipping label, and agreed to exchange it. Now just have to fill out a RMA form, and wait 8-10 days... This is just as bad as DJI... The bright side is, I don't have to pay for shipping! :) Thanks everyone.

I have a P3A, bought at my local shop, I didn't know about new shells and new motors before but when I knew about it, I checked my P3A right away and I got the old motor as well as an old shell. Guess what, not a single crack after 50+ flights, not a single problem. It flies flawlessly. I updated it to 1.4.xx. No problems or whatsoever. Then come this new update of 1.5.xx, at first, I was hesitant but I did upgrade my firmware. Flown 4x on new firmware and no problem so far.

Reactions: eBird
I have old motors/shell. Over 40 flights and no issues. However... You paid for new and got a returned item. That alone would make me return it. ESPECIALLY for a UAV... Motors / shell is not, IMHO, a reason to return it tho :) YMMV.

With all the fuss and fear in the forums around new/old motors, there must be a lot of returned item P3s out there.
The one that started this thread still had the plastic wrap on the controller and props so it hadn't been flown.
Either the buyers are demanding to see the motors in the store or are getting home, opening up and returning.

If you could get a good discount it would probably be a good buy.

Reactions: eBird and Oso

This would be my feelings as well.. open box is open box and should be considered as such when selling.. The last guy may have opened it and dropped it, or something else that could have damaged something.. I expect to cut the seals on mine when it gets here tomorrow

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4