New Phantom Dji's GPS and Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal not working!

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Dji Phantom along with a GoPro Hero black camera and the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal. The Phantom and Gimbal was received pre-installed from my dealer. On setting up and connecting the Phantom to the Pc using the Naza Assistant, I received a 4.02 firmware update which was done. Now even before initiating the update, I noticed that the Gimbal was just hanging limply even after powering up the Phantom. (Yes, the Gimbal had the Hero 3 Camera on it) So I do the update, re-calibrate the Phantom's compass and the transmitters and off i go to test the copter. Now It never locks onto any GPS in the GPS mode and the Gimbal just doesn't work! (Tho there is power going to the Gimbal as a red led glow is visible. No sound of any motor turning or whining can be heard) But I can fly the Phantom well in ATT mode only. On re-checking the Naza assistant once again, I noticed in the upgrade tab that the Gimbal has weird characters and the GPS doesn't show any hardware id. Is this normal? What could be wrong? And what would you guys suggest i do?

Here's a screenshot of the Naza assistant and an image of a opened Phantom.

Re: New Phantom Dji's GPS and Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal not worki

Do you have a fix yet? I have the same problem with the GPS, it is really pissing me off!

Don't know if this will help but I had a somewhat similar issue with a Phantom Vision. In upgrading the firmware I somehow managed to get my receiver showing firmware version 0.0.0.0, no connectivity to my tx and effectively I had a brick. What fixed it for me was to open the previous version of the Assistant software - it instantly allowed me to update the reciever back to where it should be from 0.0.0.0 and let everything else remain as is. I was then able to connect with the current version to confirm all was well.

I know you don't have reciever issues but those 0.0.0.0 version numbers rang a big bell with me...

I installed a new board and the problem is fixed. Seems DJI shipped a faulty board :roll:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj