New Phantom but high filenumber on video

Chuck67 said:
Oh my goodness people !
Who cares what number your camera starts on. Get over it.
I have been watching this forum for months now and all it seems like is a total ***** fest on how shitty DJI products are. Flyaways, apps not working, gimbals shaking, blah...blah. I love my bird, I use it daily, it is a tool for me. I have an android device ( note 2) that is used exclusivly for the phantom. I must be one of a handful of people that upgraded to v3.10 with no problems and downgraded back to v3.08 with no problems. I turely believe that most problems that arise are user error not DJI's fault. Remember you bought it no one twisted your arm and DJI don't owe you **** other than a limited warranty after you buy it.
I saw this morning on Facebook someone wanting to start a class action lawsuit against DJI. Go jump over there and join up. Me I am going out to fly and enjoy my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Sorry if I offended anyone...just had to get that off me chest. Off of soapbox now
Well good for you! But if you did have any problems I bet you'd be first in line to "*****".
To say that because YOUR bird is trouble free and EVERYONE with a problem is just a ***** is a bit short sided.
Go fly your phantom instead of bitchin about people bitchin! Lol! [emoji12]
The rest of us with legitimate questions will continue to ask them....

Wibble said:
Well I have just opened my phantom up - YES ESC 2.1. Was very easy to open except the **** stickers. How do you stick them back down properly?
Anyway not too bothered about the camera - it works - just a bit naughty thats all.

I take a break, come back and here it is in page 5 already. LOL!

Wibble, on the stickers I cut mine with a razor blade where the two covers come together. I eventually did away with the bottom ones after cutting them. Just sayin....

ToThePoint said:
The camera on the V3 that i have since 5/12/2014 ( december 2014 ) starts @ 881.
It doesn't matter if you take a picture or video, the numbering goes likewise up.
The camera on the V2 i have started out with dji00001.mp4

V3......5/12/2014

That has to be a misprint.

So my little test back on page 4 does prove that a test card at the factory could bump the numbers way way up even on a brand new camera. It would make sense to test the camera with a short video or pic before shipping it out. If you don't wipe the card each time that starting number could be really high. Think about it... 1900 video's on a returned drone and the camera doesn't have a scratch on it? That seem likely?

I guess it could be a used camera. Who knows. I just regret jumping to conclusions and posting "it must be used" before I tested my theory.

Chuck67 said:
Oh my goodness people !
I have been watching this forum for months now and all it seems like is a total ***** fest on how shitty DJI products are. Flyaways, apps not working, gimbals shaking, blah...blah. I love my bird, I use it daily, it is a tool for me. I have an android device ( note 2) that is used exclusivly for the phantom. I must be one of a handful of people that upgraded to v3.10 with no problems and downgraded back to v3.08 with no problems. I turely believe that most problems that arise are user error not DJI's fault. Remember you bought it no one twisted your arm and DJI don't owe you **** other than a limited warranty after you buy it.
I saw this morning on Facebook someone wanting to start a class action lawsuit against DJI. Go jump over there and join up. Me I am going out to fly and enjoy my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus

Sorry if I offended anyone...just had to get that off me chest. Off of soapbox now

If you bothered reading my other posts you would see that I LOVE the Phantom!!!

It just seems to me they spoil an awesome bit of kit with some less well thought out components. Of course cutting edge technology will have the odd gremlin. But connectors that dont fit right - undersized rigid wires - it is just spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar as the old saying goes.

I can assure you there WAS a problem with the vision2+ v2 - mine was also losing GPS when recording. I swapped to V3 and it is brilliant - much better.
it is only thanks to a forum like this and people "bitching" about problems that things get fixed. i am sure DJI updated the ESCs in the V3 for this very reason!

As to the file number on the camera it was a genuine request after noticing the other 2 Phantoms I had started at 0001.

Where would mankind be without asking questions??? Jumping off my soapbox now!!!

AmosMoses said:
crash1sttime said:
So is someone saying that all their videos dont start at 1, my Vision always starts at 1 once i have deleted the files that are on the SD card.

Have you tried using the app to reset the camera settings and see if that clears the count, its the icon above the format SD card in the left menu
No. I can assure you that is 100% incorrect. You can change the SD card, gimbal, and camera to all brand new stuff but the file count doesn't ever go down. It's stored somewhere in the "brain" of the Phantom.

No sorry you are incorrect, and i state catagorically, i have done 25 flights or so, and each time after formatting the memory card in the phantom or just deleting the files then the number of the file always start back at 1.

if you like i can post screen shots from my collection of videos i have taken, they are all in folders with the date such as 04022015 etc and unless i havent deleted files they always start at number 1.

Please remember i have the Vision not the Vision plus Phantom so this may be the reason why.

Chuck67 said:
Oh my goodness people !

Chuck67, I bet you would feel just like most of these guys if your quad crashed or flew away and none of it was your fault. I would like to think their venting could help get some of these nonsense issues to stop happening. Maybe DJI should give the Inspire1 a rest and get back to the King of Quads the vPlus.

crash1sttime said:
AmosMoses said:
crash1sttime said:
So is someone saying that all their videos dont start at 1, my Vision always starts at 1 once i have deleted the files that are on the SD card.

Have you tried using the app to reset the camera settings and see if that clears the count, its the icon above the format SD card in the left menu
No. I can assure you that is 100% incorrect. You can change the SD card, gimbal, and camera to all brand new stuff but the file count doesn't ever go down. It's stored somewhere in the "brain" of the Phantom.

No sorry you are incorrect, and i state catagorically, i have done 25 flights or so, and each time after formatting the memory card in the phantom or just deleting the files then the number of the file always start back at 1.

if you like i can post screen shots from my collection of videos i have taken, they are all in folders with the date such as 04022015 etc and unless i havent deleted files they always start at number 1.

Please remember i have the Vision not the Vision plus Phantom so this may be the reason why.
Just went back and looked at all my files and I apologize. You are correct. With the P2V it would reset the numbers.
It's not the same with the +and +v3.
This is the Vision + section! You don't belong here!! Lmao! Just kidding. Just kidding! [emoji12]

rbhamilton said:
jonstatt said:
Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g

That's the one. It's on the vision 2+ page and it loaded up fine on my camera.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download

Phantom 2 Vision+ FC200 Firmware v1.3.0g

At least for me it reset my counter to 1.

So I renamed the 2 files on my card back to the proper numbers for my numbering sequence, powered up and took a picture. Bingo. Right back on track.

count.jpg

Then I powered down, put in a blank card and took another pic. The numbering sequence held up.

Thank you for doing this test. At least it gives my theory some credibility! Moving a used SD Card from one drone to another does cause the second drone to jump its numbering to the next free available number. It's easy to get swept along with an emotive forum discussion. My theory may not be what is actually happening, but at least it gives a "nicer" alternative to the suggestion that they re-use parts.

AmosMoses said:
This is the Vision + section! You don't belong here!! Lmao! Just kidding. Just kidding! [emoji12]

Its my fault i naturally assumed (big mistake) that the P2V and the P2V+ would be identical in all things, seems that this isnt so, i will go now and lurk in the Vision section :lol:

I put a extra SD card into my phantom 2 vision+ yesterday and when I plug it into the computer it said DJI00001 to start with.

My unit has always kept the file name/count in sequential order, regardless of files on or off the Micro-SD card. I cycle 4 different SD cards through a weekend's worth of videos - about 4 videos per card.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik