New Phantom 4

Reaction score
So, I sold my Phantom 3 Professional and purchased a brand spanking new Phantom 4. Straight out of the box, the battery wouldn't charge. Hoping this isn't a bad sign of things to come. Haven't even attempted a firmware update yet.......

turn on the battery, then plug in the charger. let it charge overnight.

I had a battery that did that until I turned on the battery and left it plugged in to the charger overnight.

I tried leaving it for awhile, but never saw any activity with the lights. Ended up taking it back to Best Buy for an exchange.

Did the charge indicator work when you pressed the button? I recently bought a battery from the Apple store. It was dead out of the box. Nothing would make any lights come on. I took it back for an exchange. That one worked fine.

I guess the odd bad one gets by DJI's QC.

LiPo battery should never deeply discharged otherwise possible internal damage. Maybe intended design to prevent usage in such conditions.

Would say;
Onboard battery processor does manage battery charge. If he get directly current from the battery and nothing from power supply, then he has no chance to wake up and start charging. And confirmed by no led status.

In such, battery to be inspected by DJI as end user not qualified to do this, as per DJI rules?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did the charge indicator work when you pressed the button? I recently bought a battery from the Apple store. It was dead out of the box. Nothing would make any lights come on. I took it back for an exchange. That one worked fine.

I guess the odd bad one gets by DJI's QC.

I pulled it directly out of the Phantom and put it on charge, there was no light activity at all. I let it sit on charge for several minutes and still got nothing. The spare battery I bought worked fine when I tried it, so I just returned the "bad" battery to Best Buy for an exchange.

I got the replacement battery from Best Buy and it worked great. The firmware updated without a hitch. Had a fun and successful first flight!!

Reactions: Heff

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1